Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Has google really skipped the PR update this time?

xpl0iter

Mythical member
Website
www.coolfacts.in
Credits
I really think google has skipped the page rank update this time. Do you think so?
I mean a lot of websites, some really good seo websites had suggested that the pr update was scheduled for June/July. but now this is already August and still no PR update. What are your thoughts?

Advertisement Placeholder
I really think google has skipped the page rank update this time. Do you think so?
I mean a lot of websites, some really good seo websites had suggested that the pr update was scheduled for June/July. but now this is already August and still no PR update. What are your thoughts?

I have been wondering about this. Here is a history of PR updates: http://www.hobo-web.co.uk/google-pr-update/. Do you reckon Google just isn't bothering to release the PR updates any more? Maybe they are going to move to a more dynamic system.

Well, in 2010 they only did 1 PR update. So it would not surprise me if you do not see one any time soon.
Thats a bit surprising imo. I mean I was so looking forward to see the results of my work, anyway I think it will be good if its gone. People will be less dependant on pr and concentrate more on legit traffic! :D

It was just announced recently that Google has rolled out a rather big change to it's primary search algorithm, which is probably why there haven't been any updates to PR lately. The update is being called "Hummingbird" and the changes went into effect about a month prior to the announcement. Supposedly the changes are meant to help Google process "conversational" queries (such as people typing in questions instead of keyword phrases).

If they'd take the PR updates from now on, what will happen to our current pr now?
I do hope they'd still continue it even if they'll just update once every two years. This PR thing still encourage people to write articles and update their sites.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds