Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

GTA 6 to Feature DLCs According to Insider

Dan The Man

Reputable member
Website
www.vgr.com
Credits
If insider Tez2 is correct, there may be DLC content for Grand Theft Auto 6. Keep in mind, it is expressed as a hypothetical: “Cutting more portions of the game to package into DLCs to release later on may be sustainable for management than delaying further.” Personally, I’m fine with whatever they do so long as they release what feels like a finished game. How do you weigh in on it?

Source: https://www.xfire.com/insider-claims-gta-6-dlc/

I doubt it. GTA V's sales numbers are huge and Rockstar had apparently planned for single player DLC and ditched it in favour of making more content for GTA Online because it's far more profitable. I would much sooner expect GTA 6 to come with GTA Online 2 and for that to be the money maker again for the long-term for Rockstar, especially since RDR2 didn't get any DLC either.

I doubt it. GTA V's sales numbers are huge and Rockstar had apparently planned for single player DLC and ditched it in favour of making more content for GTA Online because it's far more profitable. I would much sooner expect GTA 6 to come with GTA Online 2 and for that to be the money maker again for the long-term for Rockstar, especially since RDR2 didn't get any DLC either.
I don't know what to expect to be honest. It's been 10 years since the release and it's absolutely disgusting how long it's taking for a new game to come out. From a business view, that's something else, they've really got a gold mine, literally.

I don't know what to expect to be honest. It's been 10 years since the release and it's absolutely disgusting how long it's taking for a new game to come out. From a business view, that's something else, they've really got a gold mine, literally.
No reason for them to rush while GTA Online brings in so much money. It's not like back in the days of GTA 4 where some extra money could come from DLC but the next actual big paycheck would be a sequel. Especially when producing some cars and guns for GTA Online isn't going to take many resources compared to a full game and can generate a huge profit once they slap a massive in-game price tag onto it that funnels players into buying shark cards, plus there's GTA+ which is a subscription program for GTA Online too.

For an example of how much profit a simple car can generate, the most recent update has cars that would require a purchase of $20 - $50 in shark cards to get enough in-game cash to buy just one of them. Even $10mil in-game cash that costs $100 won't get you very much really, and I'm sure there are hundreds of people who throw down money on those things to buy stuff in-game. I tried playing GTA Online when it first launched by just earning money in-game and it was an awful grind, and back then nothing cost close to what things in-game do now. If the game nowadays isn't one of the worst grinding experiences on the AAA market I'd be impressed.

No reason for them to rush while GTA Online brings in so much money. It's not like back in the days of GTA 4 where some extra money could come from DLC but the next actual big paycheck would be a sequel. Especially when producing some cars and guns for GTA Online isn't going to take many resources compared to a full game and can generate a huge profit once they slap a massive in-game price tag onto it that funnels players into buying shark cards, plus there's GTA+ which is a subscription program for GTA Online too.

For an example of how much profit a simple car can generate, the most recent update has cars that would require a purchase of $20 - $50 in shark cards to get enough in-game cash to buy just one of them. Even $10mil in-game cash that costs $100 won't get you very much really, and I'm sure there are hundreds of people who throw down money on those things to buy stuff in-game. I tried playing GTA Online when it first launched by just earning money in-game and it was an awful grind, and back then nothing cost close to what things in-game do now. If the game nowadays isn't one of the worst grinding experiences on the AAA market I'd be impressed.
I know, grinding was the worst part of this game. My mates and I played this game every evening in the beginning of the game and even then the game was less expensive to buy stuff than it is now. But at some point I gave up the grinding a got myself a modded account with billions in-game cash. I never ran out of money and I still haven't and Rockstar never found my account to ban it either. I also remember the time when transfers were discontinued and people were selling modded accounts for hundreds of dollars. Maybe I should sell my account, lol.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor