Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Grocery Shopping

Credits
I'm currently in the process of writing a list of everything I need to get when I'm grocery shopping. I tend to get this done on a Sunday to do a weekly food shop, so I will pop out tomorrow morning to get it done. (Also open to recipe ideas if anyone wants to send me any, I'm struggling for new meals!)

Grocery shopping is constantly evolving with technology and there are so many different ways you can do your shopping now. I'm interested to know what your grocery shopping habits are. Just a few ideas to get the discussion going. Do you...
  • Write a list of everything you need, including meal plans, or do you just wing it?
  • Prefer to do the shopping at the store yourself, click & collect or home delivery?
  • Go to the store daily, weekly or monthly?
  • Make use of any loyalty reward cards/schemes and vouchers?
  • Prefer to go to an operated checkout or use a self checkout, including using handset to scan your own groceries as you go? Or are you lucky enough to have one of those fancy new stores where you can walk out without actively paying at a checkout (along the lines of Amazon Go).

Advertisement Placeholder
*stares @Cory*
I often try to make a list and stick to it... unfortunately planograms are hard to get a hold of so I can't always be efficient in a store... but I try to go from left to right and make my list in that order if it's a place I visit often.

I cook on my days off though and try to make meals for the days I work ahead of time due to long shifts.

*stares @Cory*
I often try to make a list and stick to it... unfortunately planograms are hard to get a hold of so I can't always be efficient in a store... but I try to go from left to right and make my list in that order if it's a place I visit often.

I cook on my days off though and try to make meals for the days I work ahead of time due to long shifts.

Luckily enough, I shop in the same store every week, so I pretty much know where everything is. I usually go along the top aisles in the store first and then come back along the bottom aisles and head to the checkout. I also tend to do my list in that order too.

Meal prep is such a good idea too, I try to do it as often as I can as it means one less thing to worry about during the week!

Staring at me because I hate cooking? :D
it's just... over 80% of people between the ages of 18 to 30 don't know how to cook without a microwave and TV dinner solution.

it's sorta depressing.

Luckily enough, I shop in the same store every week, so I pretty much know where everything is. I usually go along the top aisles in the store first and then come back along the bottom aisles and head to the checkout. I also tend to do my list in that order too.

Meal prep is such a good idea too, I try to do it as often as I can as it means one less thing to worry about during the week!
exactly! when you need to focus on your job you don't always have time for nice meals.

for me though I learned it from my ex gf who was a very dedicated worker at her job... still good friends too.

it's just... over 80% of people between the ages of 18 to 30 don't know how to cook without a microwave and TV dinner solution.

it's sorta depressing.
I guess I'm just too lazy/unmotivated to cook meals. TV dinners you just pop in and pop out, so I guess I'm all for the convenience. Probably another reason I've eaten out a lot during my lifetime.

I guess I'm just too lazy/unmotivated to cook meals. TV dinners you just pop in and pop out, so I guess I'm all for the convenience. Probably another reason I've eaten out a lot during my lifetime.
I mean I get it. I've had those days too... Idk for me I was raised to be independent and self sufficient. if the world ends I'll forage for food, hunt game, and make fire as needed. Different world views and different perspectives.

No kidding. An apartment right now costs half my income in rent alone. I'm honestly not enthused about the idea but I really really want to be independent... make it easier to meet people too.
I only lived one year out of my parent's home and I lived with a roommate where we split all the bills 50/50, so living that way was cheaper. I couldn't imagine the outrageous bills of living completely alone.

I only lived one year out of my parent's home and I lived with a roommate where we split all the bills 50/50, so living that way was cheaper. I couldn't imagine the outrageous bills of living completely alone.
I just hate the idea of having a roommate. I know it'd be easier but there's a lot of unknowns there that make me uncomfortable.

My grocery shopping habits...

Mentally list what we need and then start a written list to take with me to the store
Go online to the store's app and "cut out coupons" and do my rewards points to get grocery discounts
Look around the house the night before I go to the store to make sure I have everything on my list

When at the store:
Get there around 8 if possible, so I can get the manager's discounted meats
Start at the fruits/veggies section and work my way to the frozen/refrigerated sections last
Find the checkout person who will let me bag my own stuff since I know what I want together in a bag
Check my receipt as I walk away because once a new cashier put in the wrong code and I got charged $25 for one green bell pepper before.

My grocery shopping habits...

Mentally list what we need and then start a written list to take with me to the store
Go online to the store's app and "cut out coupons" and do my rewards points to get grocery discounts
Look around the house the night before I go to the store to make sure I have everything on my list

When at the store:
Get there around 8 if possible, so I can get the manager's discounted meats
Start at the fruits/veggies section and work my way to the frozen/refrigerated sections last
Find the checkout person who will let me bag my own stuff since I know what I want together in a bag
Check my receipt as I walk away because once a new cashier put in the wrong code and I got charged $25 for one green bell pepper before.
That's funny. Nobody uses coupons anymore it seems. You just slide a rewards card.

I'm currently in the process of writing a list of everything I need to get when I'm grocery shopping. I tend to get this done on a Sunday to do a weekly food shop, so I will pop out tomorrow morning to get it done. (Also open to recipe ideas if anyone wants to send me any, I'm struggling for new meals!)

Grocery shopping is constantly evolving with technology and there are so many different ways you can do your shopping now. I'm interested to know what your grocery shopping habits are. Just a few ideas to get the discussion going. Do you...
  • Write a list of everything you need, including meal plans, or do you just wing it?
  • Prefer to do the shopping at the store yourself, click & collect or home delivery?
  • Prefer to go to an operated checkout or use a self checkout, including using handset to scan your own groceries as you go? Or are you lucky enough to have one of those fancy new stores where you can walk out without actively paying at a checkout (along the lines of Amazon Go).
- I try to make a few plans for at least 2-3 days. Simple plans though. Sometimes I get one big recipe meal.
- I love home delivery, but sometimes they don't get the right item and etc and that can become frustrating. I actually also really like the pick up option too, so you don't have to get out of the car but they put the items in the trunk. This sometimes seems faster and sometimes a bit more convenient.
- I go weekly, but there are times where I need to go a few days because I forgot what I needed.
- I have two reward card things. I started going to a new store where they actually have coupons hanging around the items and you take one and scan it at the register!
- I prefer the self checkouts if there is a hand scanner! I sometimes scan as I go, but that's usually at a store called Sams.

That's funny. Nobody uses coupons anymore it seems. You just slide a rewards card.
I don't even have the cards - just have to put the phone number in! Which is convenient. One less thing to keep up with.

I use this app called Swiggy Instamart where I can just order whatever I want whenever I want. They deliver in 15mins. It gives a lot of flexibility and freedom to take your time and fill your cart whenever you get time. Plus there's lots of coupon you can use to bring the cart price down. There's similar apps like Dunzo, Blink It etc.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds