Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Greed or over ambitious

At times it can be a bit difficult to differentiate between greed and being over ambitious, but i think the above senerio is a case of greed and not being over ambitious. It is good for one to be satisfied with the little one has instead of wanting so much more by force.

Advertisement Placeholder
Actually is greed not ambition because ambition has a specific target but greed don't have, there are entrepreneurs or investors that will say if I get so so profit i will stopped but once it reach and see it can still go further they change because of greed.

Most of the time the people that lose money to high investment schemes is out of sheer greed because they return that these schemes normally offer used to be outrageous and unrealistic.

Many a times entrepreneurs or investors tends not to be satisfied at the profit made even when the returns are brilliant. For instance, while trading in forex or crypto currency some investors would have made enough profits but will still continue instead of cashing out first, until they will suddenly begin to loose all the profits made and run at lose. Can we call that greed or over ambition?
Well its human nature to me, because you don't expect them to stop after they might have realised profit from the trade they have. Its not easy to quit when u have profit.

Greed does more damage than being overambitious. In the context of crypto trading, holding a position for too long may not necessarily be because of greed but just running with the volatility that characterizes Cryptos and hoping it remains in your favour.

Greed is evil and this is something people must understand. There was a time when I was needy (not greedy) and I invested in some scam HYIP programs that were only created to scam people like me. I lost all the money I invested in HYIP and I learned a great lesson not to ever invest in HYIP.

Greed is evil and this is something people must understand. There was a time when I was needy (not greedy) and I invested in some scam HYIP programs that were only created to scam people like me. I lost all the money I invested in HYIP and I learned a great lesson not to ever invest in HYIP.
I could imagine your pain. It just goes to show that not everyone invests in Hyips or hold a position for too long because of greed but because they have a target needed to be met.

I could imagine your pain. It just goes to show that not everyone invests in Hyips or hold a position for too long because of greed but because they have a target needed to be met.

You would be surprised to know that some people do earn from HYIPs. However, they invest in HYIP and quite HYIP soon after investing in HYIP and after receiving their profits because they know that HYIPs will not last foreover. This is how they earn. HYIPs are the biggest ponzi scams and unethical kind of "money making" business.

Do it might be normal in business for people to think that profits did not actually reflect the hard work in which they put, that does not apply to any ways like Forex and I think that is greed.

If you are an investor and you are greedy and never satisfied with little profit. Then, you are not supposed to an investor because there is high chance that you lose all the time. However, you will be very successful if you are not greedy . Greed will lead you to loses.

I think I will say that it is the two that makes most people loss there money after they had made lots form it. Because the will be ambitious to earn more after they have been successful for the past trade. And because they are greedy They will now trade all they have and eventually loss there money

I agree that greed is dangerous. In fact, it is greed that is the main factor why people fall into the trap of scams. They are greedy to think of the promised high yield of their investment like 20% a month means your investment will be doubled in 5 months. It is plain greed why some people would invest in that too good to be true investment offer. That is why in another thread I commented that I cannot be rich because I am not greedy for material wealth. When I have more than enough then that is enough.
You are correct. Greed is really very dangerous. The love of money is the root of all evil. It is better to be contented with what you have. Just be thankful to God for everything you receive from Him.

Whenever you are reading it is very important that you should have a very different strategy of when you should enter and when you should exit. Your ability to be able to stick to your original plan is what is going to keep you in the game for a long.

I think I will say that it is the two that makes most people loss there money after they had made lots form it. Because the will be ambitious to earn more after they have been successful for the past trade. And because they are greedy They will now trade all they have and eventually loss there money
On the contrary ambition is the stepping stone of those who succeeded. As the saying goes you cannot succeed if you have no ambition. However, the ambition should be realistic and somehow be conservative as to minimize the risk of losing money.

I can't regard it as been greedy my friend. It's just the way entrepreneurs think, risk taking is kind of a thing that is inborn in their DNA. That's just the fact.

Many a times entrepreneurs or investors tends not to be satisfied at the profit made even when the returns are brilliant. For instance, while trading in forex or crypto currency some investors would have made enough profits but will still continue instead of cashing out first, until they will suddenly begin to loose all the profits made and run at lose. Can we call that greed or over ambition?
Greed, as there's even an index named after it. The desire to keep on getting more and more profits prevent one from selling on time. An easy way to overcome this is to have a plan to sell a certain amount after a certain percentage profit.

There is a thin line between ambition and greed. Greed is when you are supposed to take a break and watch the turn out of events but you choose to distort your cognition by taking the risk.

Since you are narrowing your explanation down to Crypto currency trader, it's not really greed, it can be a strategic risk taking or action that will bring in huge profit in the long run or huge loss too. This is common with long term investors.

Lol.
The way some business people bring in euphemism to soothe wrong behaviours is funny.
It is greed, pop and plain greed!
The greed is what makes it seem like one is over ambitious.

There is a thin line between ambition and greed. Greed is when you are supposed to take a break and watch the turn out of events but you choose to distort your cognition by taking the risk.
Very true, the line is so thin that if you are not careful you might be working with greed but to you, you feel you are just ambitious. Over ambitiousness can also be as a result of greed as well, at this stage there is no longer business ethics, you are ready to do whatever it takes to make money.

When it comes to making money I believe it's so good to be greedy because only greedy businessmen succed in their line of business nothing good comes easy

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds