Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Google Event Oct. 4th.

JewishPoptart89

Loyal member
Credits
For those who did not get a chance to watch it live, I'll give you a quick summary of what happened, however, you can still watch the full live stream here.

To start things off, this is what was released:
  • Google home - What I was most excited about
  • Pixel - What everyone else cared about
  • Chromecast Ultra - Faster, Slimmer, and in 4K
  • Smart AI
  • VR Headset
  • google WIFI

GoogleHome, the product I was most excited about is your personal assistant. Competing with Alexa, Google Home could turn out to be smarter and more reliable than even ourselves.

Google home is going to change the way our lives function. Controlling your entire house with just your voice. Oh, you need to know what Harvard is? Just ask Google, and you'll have the perfect and most reliable answer. With integration to nearly every device, you could want it to be, you're going to be extremely happy.

Oh, and did I mention that you get free 6 months of YouTube red? Which means, google play music, and no ads? It's usually 12ish USD per month!

Pixel, you can't forget about this insane thing. The first phone with Google AI built directly into the phone, highest camera rating of a smartphone ever, free google photos storage for full res and 4k, google Duo built in, beautiful design, super fast charging, and a great display.

The best new is, it's only starting at $649 unlocked from the google store, or $27.00 a month! It also works with Project Fi!

ChromeCast Ultra, not much to say about this product other than improvements on speed and having the ability for 4K. I own 4 Chromecast 2nd Gens, and I love them and will probably upgrade them all.

It is a steep price, though, $69.

VR Headset, with the new phone, Day Dream is also being worked on and improved. Google really worked on the performance and the design. to be fair, all google products look beautiful, but this one is especially something i wouldn't mind being seen in. It also comes in a very reasonable and respectable price, $79.

I'm going to pick one up, are you?

Google Wifi, Smart wifi hasn't been hit correctly, till today. Google's smart Wifi is changing that. Beautiful design, built in insane parental controls, comes in packs of three for great signal, and the smart technologies make your connectivity better all around by selecting the perfect channel for you.

This is definitely a no-brainer purchase, and you'll probably find me with six of these in total.

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
That google home device looks and seems to be great, I might have to invest in one.

I think Pixel looks like an awesome phone. It should be a great alternative to the iPhone 7. I may get it in the future.
I agree. I'm going to get one once get finished with a year of my iPhone 7. Then I'm gong to use the pixel for work and the 7 for personal.

What kind of work are you doing that requires you to have two cell phones? Sounds like some Breaking Bad type stuff. :yum:
I'm going to be a network administrator. From the places I've worked before, they typically have a work phone. I think I'd rather have a phone for work and one for normal as well.

Those are some interesting products, but I will have to wait another decade to be able to buy them XD

I'm going to be a network administrator. From the places I've worked before, they typically have a work phone. I think I'd rather have a phone for work and one for normal as well.

That's cool. I've been thinking about setting up a 1-800 number for our web hosting company. :yum:

Those are some interesting products, but I will have to wait another decade to be able to buy them XD

Story of my life. :yum:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds