Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giveaways that keep people around

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
I had an idea for one of my forums. I have decided I will do a giveaway, and for the new members who sign up and join, they can possibly win a prize. What I had in mind was this. I would require that each user post up to 10 posts to be entered into the giveaway for a gift card or something. Just an example.

So, once you reach, say 10 posts, that person is entered. But, I figured I would also go by the quality of the posts. Do you think a giveaway like this could work? I figure it'll help retention.

Advertisement Placeholder
Hmmm, it's not a bad idea. Your goal is to make them keep coming back, and the giveaway if for the new ones, what about the old memebers? This would work for the new comers but the old ones might feel left out.

Giveaways are a good way to keep customers happy and staying with you but you should not do this at your own expense make sure your business profits can cover for it

Giveaways is only good in maintaining customer not bringing in customer because thier bull period in life , I mean time when you can't give away anymore and you will watch your fans walk away

It might work and it might also not work out as espected too. Some persons like me don't like such type of giveaways because it's jus going to be for just a single person out if probably thousands that will make post

It might work and it might also not work out as espected too. Some persons like me don't like such type of giveaways because it's jus going to be for just a single person out if probably thousands that will make post
Same here, so it's better you give out something you can afford to at least a hand full of persons better yet the first 10 persons that are new members to complete 10 posts.

Some giveaways can even serve as bribes if you're not careful.definitely they will influence you to stay around for the reason why you got the give-way

That is really good idea because it will help your customers to keep coming to your business, giveaway is play better way in your business.

Giveaway is a temporary solution to build traffic. This will not work for long term traffic. The moment you stop giving something, your traffic will also stop. You need to provide high quality content for regular traffic

You didn't tell us the name of your forum. I would like to make money there too. Giveaways is one of the strategy employed in marketing services. It would be nice if you could do giveaways to encourage members to continue creating quality post. It's one of the strategy used to promote stuffs.

Giveaways that will bring traffic to a site or forum should also come with some processes and not too rigid tax. Also, giveaways is not a sustainable way to gain traffic because once the giveaways stop, the users will flee.

One thing you need to understand about giveaway is thatyou have to get them to stay in the platform,and constant giveaway should be sustain else they will not be coming back.Having good and beneficial content is another key for them to keep coming back.

Giveaways are definitely something that would keep users active on your site. That's a strategy that jiba (formerly cashtime forum) is employing to maximum use right now. Though a lot of people are no longer active on the site but that raffle draw is still drawing traffic.

Unless you site is a shopping site where you want buyers, I do not think giveaways are a better way to drive traffic to your site because traffic will come as long as you are giving something, it is always possible to give away free items.

To me, this is not really a bad idea though as giveaway can really bring traffic, but just as you said, you have to make sure they make quality post so that even if they leave after enjoying the giveaway you will have nothing to lose as their quality posts will continue to bring traffic to your website.

I feel it is not logical to only give those new members prize,if give away is carried out for only new members,then you won't have constant members but only new and vanishing members

I had an idea for one of my forums. I have decided I will do a giveaway, and for the new members who sign up and join, they can possibly win a prize. What I had in mind was this. I would require that each user post up to 10 posts to be entered into the giveaway for a gift card or something. Just an example.

So, once you reach, say 10 posts, that person is entered. But, I figured I would also go by the quality of the posts. Do you think a giveaway like this could work? I figure it'll help retention.

no matter how small or large the giveaway is, it will attract the world! further you make your forum rules and how you keep your users close to you, but I say that a giveaway is a good idea.

by the way, what forums do you have? if you want, give me a PM with him, maybe I will activate too :)

Giveaways are a part of business strategy in order to bring more customers or to retain them and when the giveaway is being stopped most of the customers will look interest because the thing that attracted them is gone

Giveaway, is one of the most interesting strategies which are formulated by entrepreneurs as a means to keep customers to a particular product or company goods and services. They are bonus and it depends on the decision of the management to decide how and what it should be to motivate their customers.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds