Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

GIMP or Canva for a newbie designer?

Credits
For someone who's new to graphics design, choosing the right tools will pave the way for how the person is going build on the learning process and experience.

It's understandable to start out with free designing tools and upgrade later afterwards. Which one between using GIMP or Canva would help a new graphics designer develop the skill faster and better?

Advertisement Placeholder
I prefer Canva over any design platform. It is pretty easy to use and free as well. You don’t have to be a professional designer to create designs and projects.
I don’t know much about Gimp though, but since Canva does the work for me there is no need checking out others.

GIMP is a full-on photo editing software, probably totally overkill for what you're looking to do. The most I really use GIMP for is image resizing and making the occasional web banner. If Canva does what you need it to do, then I'd stick with that. If you need more features, then I'd start to look into what other software programs offer.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds