Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Ghost - Blogging platform

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
Just wondering if anyone had heard of the Ghost blogging platform? I believe it was Kickstarter funded but it actually looks pretty darn neat. Considering using it for a new project I'm doing as it's simple and does the job by the looks of it.

https://ghost.org/features/

Advertisement Placeholder
I've heard of it before, but I've never used it properly. The only thing that puts me off is the use of Markdown for editing purposes - it's not something I'm really used to and so it would take me longer to write articles.

It actually looks promising, but it would need much more than that for making me want to move from wordpress. Wordpress have been my first choice always.

I've heard of it before, but I've never used it properly. The only thing that puts me off is the use of Markdown for editing purposes - it's not something I'm really used to and so it would take me longer to write articles.

That's also the thing that is putting me off it. :( Maybe that'll be changed in the future though. May even be a nice plugin somewhere on their forums to edit just that!

It actually looks promising, but it would need much more than that for making me want to move from wordpress. Wordpress have been my first choice always.

Well I think the point of Ghost is to focus purely on the content as opposed to all the other jazz WP can do.

The problem:
Wordpress is more popular so more people make plugins for it. There are new plugins so people use wordpress.
It is a cycle.

I've been following Ghost for a while, but I don't think I'll be using it on any of my current projects. I'll probably check it out on one my next projects though. Looks like a decent platform and it's always good to try things when new options are available.

I had never heard of this very upcoming blogging platform. I visited its official website and it seems to be very professional and organized. The only problem , that it may be a serious disadvantage, is that it's not popular and you cannot find a wide variety of helpful addons. I am not going to leave WordPress because it is awesome and I am very satisfied with it!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds