Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Gay marriage?

htb24

Credits
I was wondering what you guys think about legalising gay marriage?
It is legal now here in the UK but I know some places in the US still don't allow it.
I personally see no problem with it. What do you guys think?

Advertisement Placeholder
I believe that gay marriage will eventually be legal across the United States, but right now, only a few states have it legalized. Getting the bible belt states on board with this is going to take a very long time, but I'm sure the legalization of gay marriage will rapidly expand over the next few decades. As for my personal beliefs, I will never be able to understand the concept of two dudes hooking up, but that's the thing. It's not my place to judge it. I don't have to understand what other people do. I believe in free will, so I think homosexuals should have the option of marriage if they would like to get married.

I find the idea of 2 guys in love... well... rather strange. Homosexuallity is against my religion, so I'm against it. It's also not my spot to judge someone else, though. As long as they don't bother me with extra rights and "equality," someone else could do it. I wouldn't ever do it.

I find the idea of 2 guys in love... well... rather strange. Homosexuallity is against my religion, so I'm against it. It's also not my spot to judge someone else, though. As long as they don't bother me with extra rights and "equality," someone else could do it. I wouldn't ever do it.

Exactly as John123 has said, I don't mind what they do but ill never do it.

This topic is a month old without a reply, so forgive me if we'd rather not bump, but I'm pro everyone, and pro equal rights. How can you call yourself a compassionate human being when you crap on someone for their sexuality? A man kisses a man, a man beds another man....how is he different mentally or emotionally from you or I? How can you let you religious views get in the way of someone's right to do as they please? How can you let your religion get in the way of being a caring and compassionate human being?

I'm not religious, but doesn't it say in the bible that God hates sin? He hates sin, not the sinners. It also doesn't say "Thou shall treat badly any who goes against what I say." I just find it funny that religious people believe God gave them free will, yet, they act like someone is a monster for using that free will to follow their heart. I'd like to point out, there's a Youtube video out there of children reacting to same-sex marriage. Most kids in the video were 100% accepting, while one (if not two) were against it. How sad is it that little kids, innocent kids who most likely have not been exposed to that before, are quick to accept it and be happy for the people. Yet, we have grown adults who are so close minded they'd sooner keel over before accepting it.

*cries*

Coming from the whole "being gay" thing I'm pretty supportive of gay marriage. :yum: I will say however, it bugs the crap out of me when other LGBT people complain that they need all these rights, I think the only rights we should get is marriage and the fact you cannot discriminate, depending upon the situation. If you don't want to bake a cake for me, fine, I really don't care. However if you deny me a job because of it, I might have a slight issue.

As long as you don't treat me differently we will get along fine, I know some older people I have met that don't support this at all and it doesn't affect how they interact with me. xD

The United States was founded on freedom and the separation of church and state, if a church doesn't want to marry a gay couple they should have that right, however they should not have the right to deny the rights nationally just because their religion says "lolno." That's how I see it anyway, and I'm glad it was legalized here. <3

Honestly, I'm sick of seeing threads like this on just about every single forum I go to. If someone falls in love with another person and is happy and healthy, then let them be together and get married. It doesn't hurt anyone by allowing same sex couples to get married. It's offensive to close-minded people and people claiming to be Christians, yet they judge people. Just my opinion.

Having a brother who is gay and doesn't give a scraps if it's legalized or not because he is 0 religious, I will answer with, I don't care either. That being said, I will add a question to this, I never read the entire bible because again i don't care much for religion, but if all the religious people out there state that Jesus doesn't accept Gay's into their paradise, why would any gay people want to get married into that religion? Can't they just be creative and get a new type of marriage out especially for them? That would probably be something I would consider fighting for.

Last edited:
Everyone should have the right to be happy. No matter who they are with. And whether you are religious or you just see something wrong with it. It isn't right to keep someone from being happy. Just imagine if that person was you. You would want to be happy wouldn't you?

It's already legal in a lot of states in the US and am proud of that fact. I think people should be to free to love who they want.

The existence of it, among other things, produces an intolerant backlash. For one thing, a lot of narrowminded bullies are out there, and 2nd Christianity doesn't like it. Anyway, I also don't really like the gay lifestyle, but I don't believe in picking on people.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds