Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Trashing the Ex on Social Media

Jason

Legendary member
Bronze Member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Some ex's do this. There is one example of one I know where the guy is trashed, but he was on drugs and probably he is somewhat a victim. Well, the woman trashes the man as a deadbeat. She does this "all the time". Anyway, I feel sorry for the poor dude. I don't think I'm really hearing both sides of the story. Well, what do you think?

The truth is a three-edged sword - there is his side, her side and the truth. Consider that you are certainly not hearing the third side of the story - and both of the first two, whatever you are told, have motives to spin it a certain way.

The truth is a three-edged sword - there is his side, her side and the truth. Consider that you are certainly not hearing the third side of the story - and both of the first two, whatever you are told, have motives to spin it a certain way.
As far as Christianity is concerned, it's extremely wrong to do this, even if the person was really horrible and it wasn't a lie.

People get trashed on social media all the time, whether for petty things or serious issues, so it's nothing short of new news. It's not a nice way to go about talking about people behind their backs since some people have social media friends in the hundreds or more, if you have to get something off your chest regarding another human I would do so around family or around good friends you can trust. Even then, trash-talking is never that much of a productive way to go talking about people. Some people may deserve it, sure, but I suppose the point is to vent your inner disgust towards that person to a group of people to make you feel better. People used to trash talk me all the time whether to my face or behind my back in school just because I was the shy type that talked little to none to my peers.

Thing is we'll never know the whole story, one person will say one thing and another person will say something else. People often twist their stories to make them look like they weren't in the wrong and that they're the better person. I think it's petty to trash talk about anyone on social media, just makes the person trash talking look bad.

As far as Christianity is concerned, it's extremely wrong to do this, even if the person was really horrible and it wasn't a lie.
I long since gave up trusting people to do the right thing. There's an awful lot of self-proclaimed Christians out there who still manage to go on to do a lot of very unpleasant things without apparently a care in the world.

I think people get pushed to a point where they do things they wouldn't normally do. I'll be honest when I was younger (19-21) I was in an abusive relationship and he was constantly cheating. I logged into his facebook and shared screenshots of what he had said/done. Made me feel better in the moment, I don't necessarily regret it - but I do recognize it is immature lol. I honestly just wanted his family to see he was lying to them.

I try to keep most relationship things off of social media though because it's not their business. Sometimes you just have to block the people out of your life and move on.

I was going to say, if someone did this to me I would be upset... but honestly I wouldn't do things to lead a partner to do this to me.

I long since gave up trusting people to do the right thing. There's an awful lot of self-proclaimed Christians out there who still manage to go on to do a lot of very unpleasant things without apparently a care in the world.
A lot of Christianity is more a tradition and not a practice of belief and even of those who practice it, there is so much hypocrisy. However, though, at least Christianity provides a blueprint on how it should be.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds