Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Future of Oil and Petroleum Production

Credits
With electric being the way to go for commuting, it’s safe to say that the future of oil and petroleum production for Gas Stations doesn’t look promising! This will be within the next 20 years, and a full transition within 50 years in my opinion. Oil and Petroleum isn’t as sustainable as Electric and Hydrogen - and we only have a limited supply on planet earth.

While this is a good step forward, many jobs will be lost in the Oil and Petroleum industry - including engineers, gas station clerks, gas station fillers, truck drivers transporting fuel, and major oil companies resulting in millions of lost jobs. We’ve got one former administrator who studied Petroleum at university and currently works in the industry so it would be interesting to hear his point of view. It would be a shame for the millions who studied at university for that to happen! @Anis Boukezzoula

How do you think the transition of moving from Oil / Petroleum to Electric will take place? Will governments ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cards? And, what about boats? Electric and water don’t mix and diesel is required to run most motors in the boating industry.

Advertisement Placeholder
I do not see that the future of oil and gas is not promising because there will always be a need for the use of oil and gas in the future . It may not be for the electric cars anymore, becauss the use of oil and gas is so enormous.

Indeed @AlexanderM, even the oil companies started extending their services by inventing new technologies using renewable energies ( solar and wind energies...).

However, if not impossible, it's tough to do or to live without oil (petrol). You use petrol to propel vehicles, heat buildings, produce electricity, gasoline for transportation, kerosene for planes, and much more.

DO you know that we can produce +6000 products from oil? So it's impossible to ban this energy even it's polluted and risks to the environment and people.

If you ask me about the solution, I would say that even the renewable energies, it isn't enough yet to live without petrol. The best example was when Russia decided to reduce selling gas to the European countries, and you saw how afraid they were!

I will not totally support the notion that many people will lose their jobs in the oil and gas sector of the economy due to the emergence of the electric cars. Don't forget that most of the economies of the world are facing electricity blackout. where the hell will they get the energy to power this electric cars.

The way the country is structured (in the US at least), we will continue to rely on gas/oil.

We need it for ships and planes, to run water filtration plants, to run plants in general, and many other things. We rely on machines that run on oil to mass produce a lot of what we can buy in the store. It isn't as simple as just stopping the supply.

There are a lot of countries that are still going to be left behind in the electric system of power. They would continue to stick to the oil this then means more money to the producing states.

Oil and petroleum are always going to serve their purposes

We need to realize that there are by products like gas, Diesel that are obtained from these and such would always be on demand.

The fact is oil and gas industry can never be a thing of the past come what may. No matter the emergence of technology. Oil and gas will always be relevant because of some other relevant purposes it serves.

I do not see that the future of oil and gas is not promising because there will always be a need for the use of oil and gas in the future . It may not be for the electric cars anymore, becauss the use of oil and gas is so enormous.
Though oil and gas are normally going to serve their purpose but the use of oil and gas is declining since the introduction of electric vehicles that doesn't need fuel but only need charging.

Though oil and gas are normally going to serve their purpose but the use of oil and gas is declining since the introduction of electric vehicles that doesn't need fuel but only need charging.
This is the reality. Several countries have started or are in the process of starting to phase out the use of cars that run on petrol in favor of electrically powered cars. Very soon, the use of petroleum and it's products will be limited.

The world is still going to need oil for a very long time in order to satisfy its energy needs but I think that on the long-term perspective solar energy is going to be the biggest play.

The world is still going to need oil for a very long time in order to satisfy its energy needs but I think that on the long-term perspective solar energy is going to be the biggest play.
I think we are gradually reducing the dependence on petroleum and other fossil fuels. The world is exploring means of using cleaner sources of energy as substitute.

Actually the future of oil and petroleum in my country is getting out of hand in my country, the government uses it to make the economy of the country to hard and costly.

I can we that future of oil and petroleum that some country has been using to generate Income may likely go down the drain because inhave been seeing electric vehicles nowadays which are only using electricity.

I can we that future of oil and petroleum that some country has been using to generate Income may likely go down the drain because inhave been seeing electric vehicles nowadays which are only using electricity.
What you're saying is not far from the truth. The use of fuel powered cars is being phased out globally and this will mean less dependence of petroleum products around the world.

I think as technology advances, there is a possibility that petroleum product will slowly be eliminated. A lot of cars and other machines will be slowly replace by electric. I won't double the possibility of this happening I'm the future.

Many advance nations of the world have started moving away from pretroleum into a more advanced technology, countries like china and Japan are using electric and solar in locomotive industry. I'm some countries research has shown that oil will vanish soon so the need to adopt other means of power generation is imment.

Oil and gas wouldn't go extinct totally because of heavy machinery - planes, rockets and other heavy machines would always still require fuel gotten from oil and gas in one way or the other. I don't think a way has been found for natural e energy to power these things yet.

There is absolutely no doubt that the world is moving towards renewable sources of energy right now and I think that petroleum is still going to be around for some time.

No matter how little it will be needed think petroleum and gas cannot totally go extinct as their are a lot of machine

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds