Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

"Founder Status"

lucky

Credits
Do you really think that the founding administrator needs a different rank title or even rank image? Something like "Founder" or "Owner". Do you think that it looks odd having a title like that, does it do any good? Do you think they need an owner title or a founder title apart from the usual administrator title?

Advertisement Placeholder
Do you really think that the founding administrator needs a different rank title or even rank image? Something like "Founder" or "Owner". Do you think that it looks odd having a title like that, does it do any good? Do you think they need an owner title or a founder title apart from the usual administrator title?

I've never done it, but I don't see anything wrong with the owner wanting to have their own rank/title.

I thought it would be cool idea to put that thing, but once I did that in here, even I didn't like it and removed that from my name. I think we still have the group I made at that time! :|

I think that it's just a matter of opinion. I don't see anything wrong with founder having a different status/usergroup from the rest of the administrators - I've done it myself in the past.

Well it always annoys me. :p I like achievements that any member can achieve. Founder status is like an "achievement unlocked" that you can only unlock at one point of time and never again. I'm sort of a completionist when it comes to game achievements so when I see achievement based things on forums which I can never earn it pisses me off. :wtf:

For sure it is fine to have it like this, it's just like in a business, you have managers and then store managers, so why not have it on your site too!

I believe that one, as an administrator, has the power to decide how many additional titles may show off.

You may set as many as your forum software allows and name those ranks with the most bizarre names coming to your mind by simple putting into action the well-know statement: "my forum, my rules."

Now, how other members see those titles has a total and different approach. Some of your members may not really care, some others may enjoy your choice of funny or original extra titles, and just very few may feel any aversion for stating your are a founder, an omnipotent god, or something like that.

I mean you can do what you want, member #1 is going to be widely known as the founder, no need to flaunt it

I mean you can do what you want, member #1 is going to be widely known as the founder, no need to flaunt it

I was a co-founder and yet I am not member #1. :( It's because we switched from Mybb to Xenforo - I was member #1...

You can see via the join dates though although it doesn't really matter.

I really don't mind if they want to tell everyone that they are the owner of the site, but I can see why some people see it as boasting.

I have visited many forums which have a different rank for the Owner or even for the Pro Administrator / Top Administrator / Administrative Team Leader. I don't believe that it would be a huge problem if the Administrators had the same rank. Also, I don't think that Administrators have many differences in their duties, especially in small websites. Anyway, I like everything which looks professional and awesome, so you need to have good-looking rank images, hahaha!

Having a Founder or Owner rank can come in handy if you want special things in which only you want to be able to do and not give the power to the admins. other wise I find if you want to be known as the Founder, than you are more than welcome to just edit your "title" to say so.
I thought it would be cool idea to put that thing, but once I did that in here, even I didn't like it and removed that from my name. I think we still have the group I made at that time! :|
The group was actually still their when I had took control of the forum :p

Having a Founder or Owner rank can come in handy if you want special things in which only you want to be able to do and not give the power to the admins. other wise I find if you want to be known as the Founder, than you are more than welcome to just edit your "title" to say so.

The group was actually still their when I had took control of the forum :p
Yeah I know lol. I cba deleting it! :p

I've never done it, but I don't see anything wrong with the owner wanting to have their own rank/title.
That's pretty much how I feel about it. However when I visit a forum I actually find it helpful to know who the owner is, e.g. if I wanted to buy an ad on the site. From that point of view, identifying the owner, could actually be helpful to the community.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds