Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Member Awards/Achievements

Senkusha

Recognized member
Website
www.animerpgs.com
I've seen on some forum platforms that after participaing so much, you'll get a title award, or an achievement. Things like:
  • Created 10 topics, you're a "Topic Starter"
  • After returning to the forum everyday for a week straight, you're a "Recurring Visitor"
  • Having 25 posts Liked, you're a "Inspiring Member"
What kinds of things do you think would be a good list of achievements for a member base? These are just examples off the top of my head and have seen on other forums. I'm looking to implement something similar on my forum, I'm just not sure what to reward for.

I have thought about it and I would probably implement something like this.
What about a special reward if you are one of the active members logged in when active members on the forum goes bellow a threshold.
The idea is to offer an extra incentive to keep the forum with at least a minimum of active users at all time. (or maybe per specific hours when you know the forum slows down)

That's an interesting idea, however, currently, since my forum lacks much activity it'd always be giving out awards, so it would negate the purpose of such an award.

I need to overhaul my badges/awards system but we give out badges for various posting achievements and for using different features on the site. We have different "tiers" depending on how common or rare a badge is (shown by different colours). Here's a link to my current badges/awards which may give you some ideas....

Not really sure how popular this is as no-one has ever given any feedback but it is always a nice to reward your members even if it is just with a token badge.

I need to overhaul my badges/awards system but we give out badges for various posting achievements and for using different features on the site. We have different "tiers" depending on how common or rare a badge is (shown by different colours). Here's a link to my current badges/awards which may give you some ideas....

Not really sure how popular this is as no-one has ever given any feedback but it is always a nice to reward your members even if it is just with a token badge.
Some nice badges there! Very creative and as you say, it's always nice to reward the members. I see that my badges are in need of some work, ha....

I've seen on some forum platforms that after participaing so much, you'll get a title award, or an achievement. Things like:
  • Created 10 topics, you're a "Topic Starter"
  • After returning to the forum everyday for a week straight, you're a "Recurring Visitor"
  • Having 25 posts Liked, you're a "Inspiring Member"
What kinds of things do you think would be a good list of achievements for a member base? These are just examples off the top of my head and have seen on other forums. I'm looking to implement something similar on my forum, I'm just not sure what to reward for.
Since your forum is a anime one, the rewards could be centered around watching specific anime, or reading specific manga. Just a few examples: you could give out the Sailor Scout award to members who watched the entire Sailor Moon series. (Though that could be difficult to prove if someone watched it... Perhaps you could just give that badge out to someone who loves Sailor Moon. :p) Maybe have some game challenges in video games based around different anime? You could give out trophies to people who win tournaments and such.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Unread Posts

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations