Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

ForumPress Ice Lolly

planetinside

Recognized member
Credits
Hi guys,

I am currently developing forum software for WordPress. I'm hoping to achieve a powerful forum software similar to the stand alone forums out there.

I'm designing it so it can be:
  • easily themed/skinned
  • added extensions
  • more control
  • easy to set up out of the box
  • no coding knowledge needed to make it do what you want
BBPress is very well written but it just isn't good enough compared to other forum software out there and when you want a solution inside or connected to your website/blog the options just suck.

I will be needing tester, so if you are interested let me know. Also please share your ideas and wishes!

You can watch as I build here.

Advertisement Placeholder
This looks like an amazing project and one that looks like it will be a huge success as and when you get it released. I know many people who have been looking for forum software for WordPress that is much like the forum software out there and this would be right up their street for what they are looking for. I will be keeping an eye on your progress!

Update:

Forums are now working, although in a basic state, very little security and validation; but they work!

Next steps: Validation -> Forum User Roles -> Admin/Options

Update:

forumupdate1.png

1:
Inner Categories and forums now working, unlimited categories and forums inside forums!

2: Forum stats working

3: Topic Stats working

4: Last post/topic working

5: Dynamic New Topic button working

I'm afraid not but I plan on its initial release in a couple of weeks, just have to sort some security and a decent update platform for automatic updates. Unfortunately I am juggling a lot of other things and this being a free project has to come near the back of the queue.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds