Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

ForumHour moves to Paying for Posts.

Sam1

Mythical member
Website
holderhost.com
Credits
It's definitely an interesting strategy. ForumHour.com will now pay for your posts at a rate of 2 cents per post and 5 cents per topic. Maximum cout per month is $5, minimum $1.

What are your thoughts on this kind of incentive? :)

Advertisement Placeholder
It's definitely an interesting strategy. ForumHour.com will now pay for your posts at a rate of 2 cents per post and 5 cents per topic. Maximum cout per month is $5, minimum $1.

For the short term it's not a bad idea. Still, I'd imagine after a while you would see a huge decline in the amount of profit being made. Doubt the amount of moneyy made from ads is enough to pay for the members posting.

Last edited:
For the short term its not a bad idea. Still, I'd imagine after a while you would see a huge decline in the amount of profit being made. Doubt the amount of moneyy made from ads is enough to pay for the members posting.

I suppose if you placed Adsense under the first post in the topic you may make enough to pay for those posts. The worry is a decline in the quality if posting.

Why worry? A forum currency actually works well in this instance, because they can credit it based on a character minimum. Just make the value of a dollar and the value of the forum currency the same.

Yes but there can still be a decline in quality. I am encouraged to go and post in topics that I have no clue about which will basically force me to regurgitate what has been said above and add very little value to the discussion.

Yes but there can still be a decline in quality. I am encouraged to go and post in topics that I have no clue about which will basically force me to regurgitate what has been said above and add very little value to the discussion.

Ah, yeah that is true. Still it's quite possible for most of the members to post quality while earning there monehs. Who knows.

I think they are going to have a hell of a problem with duplicate topics though. Everyone is gonna wanna make 5 cents instead of that 2 xD

I have to agree with Sam. Paying the general forum members for the forum and post may increase in activity at some points, but will not increase quality.

Users will want to post now as much as they can, and post in threads that do not relate to them at all. With that, they will also want to spam more than often.

Not to mention, I know you want to make sure everyone does not take advantage of it, but 750 post for $1 is uhh, well. Kinda of not even worth it anyways
toungue.png

They are not paying 2 cents per post, nor 5 cents per topic. If my math serves me right,

They are paying 0.02 $FH per post, and 0.05 $FH per topic.
However, it takes 15 $FH to even get $1 which means,
15 $FH/ 0.02 $FH = 750 post's before you can get $1 USD

Last edited:
Yeah they were a bit tricksy with the whole thing. I didn't notice the second part, I assumed that the rate was low enough that there was a 1=1 conversion.

Yeah they were a bit tricksy with the whole thing. I didn't notice the second part, I assumed that the rate was low enough that there was a 1=1 conversion.

Sadly there was not.
And even with all the price updates from the old prices of services to the new prices, they did not keep the same 1:1 ratio, and now things are even more expensive as well :(

I hate this change and it really takes the point of Forum Hour being there away. The whole point of the forum is to help webmasters but it's not doing that and the cashout rates are ridiculous

I'm not an active member but I have visited the ForumHour site regularly. I hope this strategy works out for them, it will take a lot of management to help maintain post quality, so they will need to put a lot of time and effort into it. The forum seemed to be quite inactive for some time, so perhaps this is just the incentive it needed to give it a little bit of a kick-start.

For the short term its not a bad idea. Still, I'd imagine after a while you would see a huge decline in the amount of profit being made. Doubt the amount of moneyy made from ads is enough to pay for the members posting.
Yeah, short term if fine to get you on your feet.

It's desperate but it will definitely bring in more activity. Good for the current members though. If they're already posting there often and love the place they'll be getting paid to do what they already do.

Something like this is great for gaining activity I will admit and it's great if you are already a well established and active member there as it's money in your pocket for posting there however how long will it be before the reason for them doing this falls and they see it as not being a good idea any more?

I think putting in some kind of incentive is always a great motivation for members. Although the pay rate is low, it still adds up, at least for me. I do understand though that it can cause some low quality posts. But since the pay rate is very low, I doubt any new member can make enough posts to even earn a dollar easily. That being said, its older members might have a bigger motivation being in the site for a longer time. In any case, incentive is incentive and I'm pretty sure anyone will be happy about being compensated for joining a site. Even if it's not monetary compensation, just rankings maybe or privileges, those can also help in making a member come back and be loyal to a forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds