Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

First thing to do when creating a forum / website or blog

Advertisement Placeholder
When I first create a forum I usually start working on the categories and forums I would like to have on the forum, this often comes with brainstorming and planning out what I want as a parent forum and what I want as a child forum (sub-forum) and then I will start to fill the forums up with new topics to get started off before I work on a theme for the site. I feel that when opening a new forum, it's always best to get a head start on topics and posts if you can so that when people start to visit, they have something to interact with.

Spin up my local dev environment and build out the theme and any custom functionality that I deem necessary for launch. Even if it's all pre-existing components, I still want a local environment to test the combinations of things together first.

When I first create a forum I usually create the category/forum layout first.
This is what I do first too in most cases because it's what gives the forum a real shape of what it's to look like. Once all the categories are in the place, you will have a clear sight of what you looked forward to your forum being like when it starts getting activities with contents.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds