Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Financial Responsibility: How should it be shared when couples runs a family/joint business?

The couple's should share responsible together as they jointly run a business firm. I don't see any fringes that a man takes financial responsibilities alone. Both are meant to contribute immensely, that's why they are called couple.
This financial responsibility can be share 70 and 30 percent among couples when they are running family business this is because the amount and is always see as the head of the house and to take the highest financial responsibility

Advertisement Placeholder
This financial responsibility can be share 70 and 30 percent among couples when they are running family business this is because the amount and is always see as the head of the house and to take the highest financial responsibility
I understand that the man takes the lion share of responsibilities cos he's the head, and every head ought to face extra responsibilities.

Financial responsibilities should be shared accordingly and that means it should be shared how the traditional family should have been as the husband is always the head, so do most financial responsibilities come from the husbands share of the money

In joint business, the couple should have a common purse but also have their individual accounts. The funds in the joint account could be certain percentages of their income and will be used to take care of the home and all that pertains to it.
My knowledge of joint family account in the bank is that all the couples are signatories to the account and so one cannot withdraw money out of the account without informing the order so therefore is one of the best way for a family to run a bank account.

I think it should be shared and the burden should not be placed on only one person , because the husband might start finding it hard to settle out some things too I think

My knowledge of joint family account in the bank is that all the couples are signatories to the account and so one cannot withdraw money out of the account without informing the order so therefore is one of the best way for a family to run a bank account.
I guess you are right. Personally, my own idea of a joint account should be one existing simultaneously with the couple's individual accounts.

The couple should share responsibility when it comes to financing the business, the man can take responsibility of offering a larger percentage compared to the woman.

Hear alot of women saying that a man should maintain his headship in terms of financial responsibilities even when running a family/Joint business as a source of income. What is your opinion in this regard. Thanks.
Before they both became joint partners I want to believe one of them started the business first before the other joined,and I want to believe too that the latest member to join also brought fresh ideas to help the business, whatever decision they want to make should be deliberated.

I think agreement should be made while a couple runs a business. Profit should be shared accordingly and again that doesn't stop the man of the house from doing his responsibility

Sharing financial responsibilities between partners depends on the agreement between them on how to share their financial responsibilities that may comes up at any point in time.

I think agreement should be made while a couple runs a business. Profit should be shared accordingly and again that doesn't stop the man of the house from doing his responsibility
A married couple had a vow to be one. That vow should be observed that the wealth is to be shared equally together with the liability. That is my understanding of a business owned by a couple.

When running a joint family business , its better to share the same purse and be removing the money to be spent on the same purse or else the man/father will be the one spending while they will both be sharing the same income.
Hear alot of women saying that a man should maintain his headship in terms of financial responsibilities even when running a family/Joint business as a source of income. What is your opinion in this regard. Thanks

Well it can be shared so that both of them bring out something at the end of the month ,it is possible for the woman to bring up 40% and the man should brought out 50%, all these can go a long way in helping the family.

We can't just conclude that the headship, that's the husband will only be the one to handle responsibilities. It has to be shared from the joint business operations

In this case, the financial responsibility ought to be shared equally, so they both take equal profit. If this is biased or compromised then the law of business has been tampered on.

Household financial management is a universal issue, yet it is unique to each family. A wife may choose to be involved in financial management, while another may prefer her husband to be in charge.

As long as business is involved, financial responsibility should be shared equally between couples or family members. Business is different from family commitments and it should be kept that way.

Hear alot of women saying that a man should maintain his headship in terms of financial responsibilities even when running a family/Joint business as a source of income. What is your opinion in this regard. Thanks.
This happens a lot in marriages.
But i think financial responsibilities should be shared at least 70-30.
The man should handle the highest part, while the woman assists.

I have a business which I left to be managed by my wife. We agreed that she would use the profit to cater for the family feeding. The we the finance is shared should be discussed.

In the case of some families were the wife is a breadwinner, she can't take the financial responsibilities. But when running a join business, couples should have a mutual understanding..

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds