Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Fifty Shades of Grey Discussion

Arantor

Legendary member
VIP Rocketeer
Bronze Member 1-Year Membership Posting Machine Content Creator
Credits
Here is a discussion regarding Fifty Shades of Grey

that's basically all that movie was about
I think you and I watched different movies. What that movie was about was domestic abuse presented as a power dynamic of titillation (and the relevant group of people who are into that thing pretty much universally damned the movie)

And it started out life as fan-fiction of Twilight, which explains a few plot points that literally make no other sense unless you actually knew that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement Placeholder
I think you and I watched different movies. What that movie was about was domestic abuse presented as a power dynamic of titillation (and the relevant group of people who are into that thing pretty much universally damned the movie)
Sorry.. S&M is not "abuse", it's actually a lifestyle that some live (and get off) by. Just because you may think it is abusive by your standards, doesn't necessarily comport to their beliefs.
In fact, the original book is classified as an "S&M erotica romance novel".

Now, if one is physically forced into it.. yes, it enters into abuse.

Oh, you misunderstand me so much.

I didn't suggest that S&M is abuse. I suggested that what 50 Shades does is abuse.

Consider: he subjects her to a session. She reacts so profoundly that she passes out. He... doesn't bother to check she's OK and instead drops her off in her own bedroom alone to wake up by herself. He doesn't even bother to check that she actually wakes up.

Anyone who actually partakes in the lifestyle understands concepts such as aftercare - that after a session everyone checks in with everyone else about how they're doing because it's phsyically and emotionally intense.

The book might be classified as that, but honestly, it's really not.

Consider: he subjects her to a session. She reacts so profoundly that she passes out. He... doesn't bother to check she's OK and instead drops her off in her own bedroom alone to wake up by herself. He doesn't even bother to check that she actually wakes up.
Errr...standard S&M behavior.. honestly, the true sadist really doesn't ultimately care about the one receiving the punishment. What you are thinking of is "role playing". In a true S&M relationship it's entirely different. Never been involved in it.. but have known a few folks that were. o_O
The "after affects" concern of the true sadist were not very "high". I'm aware of a few instances that folks got to pay visits to the ER at the local hospital, and the local PoPo got involved but once investigation showed it was consensual simply walked away shaking their heads.

I guess 'safe, sane, consensual' and 'risk-award consensual kink' are phenonema that you never encountered.

Don't presume to lecture me on what you think I'm thinking, especially about a subject you admit have never been involved in.

I guess 'safe, sane, consensual' and 'risk-award consensual kink' are phenonema that you never encountered.

Don't presume to lecture me on what you think I'm thinking, especially about a subject you admit have never been involved in.
Errr... once more.. you ARE aware of what a true sadist is, correct? There is no "safe, sane/consensual" involved. Others are simply role playing. And yes, I've dealt with both situations in a first hand aspect. Have you? You see, I've responded to hospitals where the TRUE sadist victim was taken... and I've also gone where the role-players got a "little" carried away.

I'm aware of what a sadist is, and what you seem intent on calling a true sadist. I'm also aware that the wider community has a much more comprehensive set of definitions, and that there is a very potent difference between what is 'role playing' and what is a BDSM situation (or even relationship) and that whatever 50 Shades was, it wasn't BDSM but straight up abuse - and there is a line.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds