Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Favourite pet names

Toni

Reputable member
I love picking cute names for my pets.
My favourite pet names right now are Shadow and Tango.

What's your favourite pet name?

I always like naming my pets after food, I have a kitten named Mochi. My spouse named our senior cat when they got him in 2008 though, his name is Gizmo after the character from Gremilns.

My current cats are named Gizmo, Simba, Bagheera, Dawn and Lancelot (already named when we adopted him).

I use Disney names a lot when I name my pets. They usually end up with random nicknames too :p

I have 2 dogs and 2 cats at the moment, George and Tucker are the names of our dogs; Sadie and Sophie are our cats. I've typically gone for human related names but Tucker's nickname is "Bean". He probably responds to that more often then Tucker anyway. :p The other we typically just call "Stinky" or "Pretty Princess", George included. :ROFLMAO:

If I had my own pets I think I would call one Wonka and the other Spongebob :eek:

French Bulldogs would be my go-to dog breed. Or maybe one pug and one French Bulldog as my partner loves pugs.

I really want a female shiba and in my heart her name is Sunny. I have wanted this for several years now but there's always some kind of extenuating circumstance that gets in my way. Usually, I name pets after cartoon characters.

I started out with a hamster I named Puar (I was a DBZ fan) and after him, a hamster named Rutee (after the Tales of character) and then hamsters Nash (Lunar) and Yuki (Fruits Basket).

I had a LOT of guinea pigs (16 of my own, fostered 3 others). Some I named myself, some were adopted from shelters and I didn't change their names. They were Crewger (Dragon Knights), Rastaban and Zozma (SaGa Frontier), Jinx (Teen Titans), Rem (not sure), Grey, Snowball, and Frosty (adopted, didn't name them), Chevalier and Cozette (just French names), Syris (I just liked it), Stryker (didn't name him), Haru (Fruits Basket), Minion (Megamind), Boo and Lemmy (Mario). I stopped keeping guinea pigs... Some of them died in a way that made it traumatic. The last one, Lemmy, died a couple of years ago of a sudden stroke and it broke me. I miss having the little critters, though. There's just nothing quite like them in the world! Keep in mind, I had 2-6 at a time, I didn't have all 16 at once.

Then my cats. Susumu was my very first cat, a black and white that chose from a litter my sister's cat had. I was in love with her from the literal day she was born, when I picked her. I brought her home when she was old enough and I loved her so so much. The way she passed away still pisses me off to this day but that's not a story for this post.

After Susu, I took in another black and white female, Belle, who had been left behind when her owners moved out. I discovered she was pregnant... like two days before she gave birth to three all black males. We thought they were all girls though so my husband (boyfriend at the time) and I named them Verdandi, Skuld, and Urdr. Urdr was adopted to my husband's coworker who renamed him Six. Verdandi became Dandy. We also had an outdoor cat we called Charlie (after the character on Lost, but she turned out to be a girl. Name still worked.) Belle and Skuld passed away within 3 days of each other in March 2022. We had to put Charlie down after a year long battle with kidney failure. That was in November.

Right now I have Dandy, Rigby, Moxxie, and Momo. Dandy is the oldest, he's 13 and I've had him for every one of those years. Rigby was named after the Regular Show character. Moxxie after the Helluva Boss character and Momo after the lemur in ATLA.

Sorry this got long. I like the names I picked over the years, even if some of them make me cringe a little now. But I'd say of all the current names, Rigby is my favorite. But then I do have a fondness for pet names ending in the y or ie sound. <3

One of our current dogs is named Obi after the Star Wars character. I like that it's short and simple. We used to have pet rats with all types of names, I think I liked one of our first pet rat's names the most; Lexi.

I have had one pet only so far which was a street dog. I had named him, "Tommy". It is one of my favorite pet names besides "Blacky" and "Bruno". These names are amazing too. 😊

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds