Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Favorite Authors

Advertisement Placeholder
Alyson Noel
Frewin Jones
Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Beth Revis
Stephanie Meyer
J.K. Rowling
Garth Nix
Neil Gaiman
Terry Brooks
Christopher Paolini

I used to devour historical fiction (Johanna Lindsey and Georgina Gentry), but not so much anymore. YA fiction is now my favorite, especially the vampire genre (Stephanie Meyer, Rachel Mead, Kristin Cast and P.C. Cast), and I really wish they would make the House of Night books into movies. I also have enjoyed Stephen King and his many varied genres.

I used to devour historical fiction (Johanna Lindsey and Georgina Gentry), but not so much anymore. YA fiction is now my favorite, especially the vampire genre (Stephanie Meyer, Rachel Mead, Kristin Cast and P.C. Cast), and I really wish they would make the House of Night books into movies. I also have enjoyed Stephen King and his many varied genres.
Forgot about PC and Kristin Cast. Love their stuff. Big fan of the House of Night. Also like Kristin’s Key Of Fear series.

Forgot about PC and Kristin Cast. Love their stuff. Big fan of the House of Night. Also like Kristin’s Key Of Fear series.
Yeah, I read all of the House of Night books. Very interesting take on the vampire lore. Haven't checked lately to see if there are anymore of them, and it's been a few years since I read the last one.

I think the only ones that were recent were the three that took place some years after the main series. I think the first book in that was called “Loved.” Since that mini series ended I don’t think there’s been anything new.

I love Sven Hassel.
I read all his WW2 novels.
Here is something about Sven Hassel.

Who was Sven Hassel?
Sven Hassel was the pen name of the Danish-born Børge Willy Redsted Pedersen. He was born in Frederiksberg, Denmark, in 1917, and spent much of his early life working odd jobs and traveling the world. He eventually settled in Germany in the 1930s, where he joined the Wehrmacht and fought in World War II. It was during this time that he began writing, drawing on his experiences as a soldier to craft vivid and harrowing tales of life on the front lines.

What were his novels about?
Sven Hassel's novels focused on the experiences of German soldiers during World War II, particularly on the Eastern Front. His books were known for their graphic depictions of violence and brutality, as well as their unflinching portrayal of the horrors of war. But they were also characterized by their dark humor, their camaraderie between soldiers, and their emphasis on the humanity of even the most hardened combatants.

Why were his books so popular?
Despite their controversial subject matter, Sven Hassel's books were incredibly popular, selling millions of copies around the world. There are several reasons why his work continues to resonate with readers today:
  • Realism: Sven Hassel's novels were based on his own experiences as a soldier, and he drew heavily on the sights, sounds, and smells of war to create a vivid and immersive world for his readers.
  • Humanity: Despite the violence and brutality of war, Sven Hassel's books were ultimately about the people caught up in it. He wrote about the bonds of brotherhood that form between soldiers, the moments of levity and humor that can break up even the darkest of days, and the tragedies and sacrifices that are an inevitable part of war.
  • Controversy: Sven Hassel's books were often criticized for their sympathetic portrayal of German soldiers, particularly given the atrocities committed by the Nazi regime during World War II. However, for many readers, his books offered a unique and nuanced perspective on a complex and difficult period of history.
What was his legacy?
Sven Hassel passed away in 2012, but his books continue to be widely read and loved by fans around the world. His novels have been translated into dozens of languages, and his influence can be seen in countless other works of historical fiction and war literature. While his subject matter may be controversial, there is no denying the impact that Sven Hassel had on the literary world, and on the way that we think about war and its aftermath.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds