Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Fake Adsense Clicking

Martee

Mythical member
Credits
What do you think about forum owners who click their own ads thinking it will make them more money in the long run? It is definitely stupid, but would you have done it had you not known Google track all this?

I do wonder if people have ever got away with doing something like this, maybe a click of their own here and there, just to boost it up a little. How do you think Google finds out if you're trying to play the system though? Share your thoughts!

Advertisement Placeholder
As for me I never tried it, because it would be cheating and I have realized there is no easy money without the consequences + I know google can track it down.

Now as for the way of google to track it down, I guess its pretty simple in most of the cases!
First of all, the cookies google has in our browsers. Then they might eb tracking down al the ip's we might be using to login to their services. Then they might have their own algorithms for tracking down the invalid clicks based one the time the user spend on the page on which ad is being shown, the time the user spends on the landing page etc.

Well it isn't that simple if you use a VPN or something from HideMyAss- which has 22000 ips. However, eventually YOU WILL SLIP UP!!! You will click on an ad and be logged into your account or something stupid- it will happen. You are not a :ninja:

But I heard they are able to catch even if a guys is using the folowing set up:
  • set up a vm with tor installed in it and create a snapshot.
  • create a script for doing the following.
    • renew the ip in tor
    • load your webpage, open a random page + wait for random time
    • click on the ads + wait for random time
    • reset the vm snapshot.
Now creating this script is not a big deal imo. But how do they detect this?
I guess its their genius algorithms! :p

I don't think they can actually. I did clicks from school, my friend did some clicks from his computer and I did some clicks from home and they only caught me when I was logged into my account WHILST clicking.... :)

I wish I could outsmart Google. But they have software engineers that are all top uni graduates. Yes, I'd say I'm pretty smart- but I haven't done an intensive degree at a top uni! And they really do hire the best- so yeah clicking on your own ads or doing some other "smarter" sort of click fraud is just D-U-M-B. :)

I got my Adsense account closed the other day.
Not got a clue why though.
It says this could be one of the problems.
But i dont click on my ads.

I had to remove all my adsense ads from my websites because they were just blank space now.
Wasnt happy about the whole thing :( :p

I got my Adsense account closed the other day.
Not got a clue why though.
It says this could be one of the problems.
But i dont click on my ads.

I had to remove all my adsense ads from my websites because they were just blank space now.
Wasnt happy about the whole thing :( :p

Did you make an appeal to get reinstated??? :)

Well it depends on why you were banned... Take a look over the Adsense TOS and make sure you're following every guideline. Then send them a reinstate request, explaining all the things you have done to make sure your site complies with their terms. It's worth a shot- nothing beats Adsense! Although I was never reinstated..... :(

When they say "similar ads", they mean text ads that'll look exactly like Google's. That's why in my sites, my ads from other networks are set to have different colors.

Anyway, the problem with Google is that any activity that "seems" like fraudulent clicking to them will get you pretty much instantly suspended. For example, even if you use a proxy and whatnot, if you make those clicks too frequent, they'd see that as fraudulent. A lot of my friends' accounts have been suspended because their competition would deliberately click on their ads and such.

I would STRONGLY advise against clicking your own ads, generating fake traffic, or trying to use bots to click your ads with Google.

People have to understand, Google's been in the game a long time, they KNOW how to catch you when you do these deceptive things.

I would STRONGLY advise against clicking your own ads, generating fake traffic, or trying to use bots to click your ads with Google.

People have to understand, Google's been in the game a long time, they KNOW how to catch you when you do these deceptive things.

I agree- You only get one Adsense account. (unless you start a business)

I totally agree with you on this one. Like 5 years ago ,my brother started out a website with adsense on it,and he was clicking his own link non stop.5 hours later,he got banned,and there's no way back once you get banned on adsense

Whenever I make an adsense account, I try not to click on any of my ads, but I still get banned within a week or 2

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds