Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Exact Match Domains and Ranking

This trick used to work in the past. Nonetheless, honestly, it isn't very honest. Well, let's provide an example. Let's say you are targeting "used cars in London". Well, in that case, you could register a domain called UsedCarsInLondon.biz as a shortcut to ranking, even if your content may or may not be so hot.

Advertisement Placeholder
This doesn't always work but short term it has higher success rates. This usually tapers off within the first year of the domain being registered however which will just end up being an added headache for the domain owner.

I was able to make quite a killing, well maybe around a few hundred a month, from one search term - targeted with an exact match domain. Nonetheless, this was in 2011 and since then Google and then later Bing has flushed that stuff out with ranking updates. Well, it was good while it lasted.

Anyway, my regret was not making the sites better, which probably wouldn't had been too hard - rather than just ride the exact match thing. However. I don't know if that would have saved them.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds