Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever hire too many people?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Was there a time where you maybe hired too many people for the job? What did you end up doing? Did you end up letting some of them go? Or did you stick with the cast of employees you hired and hope for the best?

Advertisement Placeholder
When I hired more people than needed for a job, I had to make tough decisions. In some cases, I let the extra hires go to optimize resources. For me, if they brought valuable skills, I kept them and adjusted the team's structure accordingly. Flexibility and aligning hires with project goals are crucial. Learning from the experience helps in building a successful team.

Was there a time where you maybe hired too many people for the job? What did you end up doing? Did you end up letting some of them go? Or did you stick with the cast of employees you hired and hope for the best?

Overstaffing is a not really big issue in many workplaces. However, I think that understaffing is, indeed, a really big issue. Many business owners may want less people because they may want to spend less money when it comes to paying employees. This may lead to an apposite problem of understaffing.

I've never employed too many people to work for me. I know the number of staff who will give me what I needed in seeing to day to day business activities of my workplace. If you hire too many people, your work cost will be too high.

It is a very bad business strategy for you to hire more workers than you need for your business because the only thing that you are creating for yourself is unnecessary high expenses that will be on paying your workers salaries for jobs that they are not even required to do in your company.

Right now in my business, I only need to have six workers that are doing certain jobs that they do and get paid for and there is nothing that is going to make me hire another person until there is a very good need for me to hire.

Hiring more staff than necessary can result in increased labour costs, affecting the company's financial stability and profitability.

Overstaffing can also lead to inefficiencies, as employees may not have enough work to do, resulting in decreased productivity.

Hiring more staff than necessary can result in increased labour costs, affecting the company's financial stability and profitability.

Overstaffing can also lead to inefficiencies, as employees may not have enough work to do, resulting in decreased productivity.
I believe no small establishment will ever do that it's happened in big company and for me I think that once I started my set business I will only hire those that can work and those that I can afford to pay not too many staff

It's an expenses which isn't needed for any business. Why should a business have too many staffs than they require? Business is not a charity case because businesses are run on cost. If a staff isn't making more money for why he or she was hired, their services shouldn't be required.

It is a very bad business strategy for you to hire more workers than you need for your business because the only thing that you are creating for yourself is unnecessary high expenses that will be on paying your workers salaries for jobs that they are not even required to do in your company.

Right now in my business, I only need to have six workers that are doing certain jobs that they do and get paid for and there is nothing that is going to make me hire another person until there is a very good need for me to hire.

Well, on the contrary, there are many companies that tend to hire very few workers because they are greedy and they want to save money. This condition is called understaffing and I think that this could also cause many problems. Hiring too many workers also lead to many problems. Many companies start laying off employees and this could also cause stress. Why hire too many workers in the first place?

When I hired more people than needed for a job, I had to make tough decisions. In some cases, I let the extra hires go to optimize resources. For me, if they brought valuable skills, I kept them and adjusted the team's structure accordingly. Flexibility and aligning hires with project goals are crucial. Learning from the experience helps in building a successful team.
That's one thing I'd worry about if I had hired too many people. The idea of letting some of them go would be a scary situation for me to handle. I never fired someone, so the idea would freak me out.

That's one thing I'd worry about if I had hired too many people. The idea of letting some of them go would be a scary situation for me to handle. I never fired someone, so the idea would freak me out.

Whenever the situation on ground is something that is not going to be beneficial for your business especially having to pay too many people who are not contributing to the financial growth of your business, I don't think there will be any choice left for a business owner to fire those persons. Even though it is not going to leave a very good feeling in you, but it is a decision that you cannot afford not to take.

Before hiring you need to make a plan and make sure you have everything ready if you won't think about you might have a lot of issuess you need to solve it is very important to make sure you hired just right amount of peaple

I have never hired too many people, in fact, most of the time my businesses are understaffed. Instead of having more workers in my business, I like hiring a few people, making them work over time and also pay a good salary.

I have never hired too many people, in fact, most of the time my businesses are understaffed. Instead of having more workers in my business, I like hiring a few people, making them work over time and also pay a good salary.

As long as you pay them better for working, I don't think that they will have any complaints for the work that they do. Having a lot of workers at a workplace can breed some laziness in the staff and the nonchalant attitude of dodging from completing office tasks.

This is something most companies actually do here as well and I believe that it is even more economical for them to have few workers and make them to work overtime by adding extra pay for the extra hours they are working than just hiring another staff that is going to work full-time to get full payment. So, it's more like a smart strategy for them to save cost.

This question is far too familiar. One time, we hired way too many staff because we thought we needed them. In reality, we really didn't. All we needed to do was to be better at managing the human resources at hand. There was laxity in the job because it became a game of two staff to a task. It was a terrible experience. We ended up letting them go.

This question is far too familiar. One time, we hired way too many staff because we thought we needed them. In reality, we really didn't. All we needed to do was to be better at managing the human resources at hand. There was laxity in the job because it became a game of two staff to a task. It was a terrible experience. We ended up letting them go.

It's always going to hurt your business when you're taking in too much unnecessary expenses because you have to pay so many employees that you're not supposed to have in the first place. They won't be adding anything in terms of productivity to your business.

It's always going to hurt your business when you're taking in too much unnecessary expenses because you have to pay so many employees that you're not supposed to have in the first place. They won't be adding anything in terms of productivity to your business.
At a point, it was telling on the business. The finances became a problem. Output was now more than input. We knew that we just had to make the decision sooner rather than later.

At a point, it was telling on the business. The finances became a problem. Output was now more than input. We knew that we just had to make the decision sooner rather than later.

The good thing is that you figured out what was the problem and knew how to fix it as soon as possible. There are some people who wouldn't even know the source of their business challenges. Without knowing where your problems are coming from, it's going to be impossible to fix it.

I believe no small establishment will ever do that it's happened in big company and for me I think that once I started my set business I will only hire those that can work and those that I can afford to pay not too many staff

A big company shouldn't do the same thing too because they will be putting too much expenses in the cost of running the business. If the cost of running a company goes too high, their won't much profits left after paying for the bulk expenses.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds