Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever hire someone you had a relationship with and is now your boss?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
One thing that would be weird is to hire ones significant other. But what's even worse is that sometimes these hires advance up, and lets say the two of you broke up, but your ex is now your boss. How would you react to something like that? Could you work a job where your ex has become your boss?

Advertisement Placeholder
One thing that would be weird is to hire ones significant other. But what's even worse is that sometimes these hires advance up, and lets say the two of you broke up, but your ex is now your boss. How would you react to something like that? Could you work a job where your ex has become your boss?

No, I have never hired someone with whom I have ever had any kind of relationship. Hopefully I would not do that in the future as well. This is because I keep my personal life too personal and I do not involve people who might be in a relationship with me in the past. Professional life should be kept separate from your personal life.

No, I have never hired someone with whom I have ever had any kind of relationship. Hopefully I would not do that in the future as well. This is because I keep my personal life too personal and I do not involve people who might be in a relationship with me in the past. Professional life should be kept separate from your personal life.

Frankly speaking, I believe that there is always a slim chance for this kind of a thing to happen with someone whom you used to be in a relationship with to end up becoming your boss whom you have to work for. It is only movies that are usually see that happen.

I have never worked with someone I had a relationship. I never have had to work under a person with who I had a relationship in the past. However, if I am put in this situation, I do not think the old flame would actually hamper my work efficency.

I've never worked under any person with whom I had a romantic relationship in the past and I've not worked with someone I'm a relationship in the same company. It's not a good work ethics. If I was in a relationship with a lady but later broke up. I can work with her in the future if she's professional.

I am always against office romance to avoid getting entangled in a situation like this one. I can't even comprend how anyone would want to date someone in the same workplace in the first place. Most organizations don't let it happen too. So, I will just quit the job, if I happen to be in a such a sorry state of my ex becoming my boss at the office (which is not gonna happen anyways).

I've never worked under any person with whom I had a romantic relationship in the past and I've not worked with someone I'm a relationship in the same company. It's not a good work ethics. If I was in a relationship with a lady but later broke up. I can work with her in the future if she's professional.

I am not sure if i will ever work for someone with whom I am involved with any kind of relationship. I believe in professionalism and I think that matters related to work and business should be kept and viewed that way. This is why things may be different when it comes to dealing with many people in a different manner.

Truth is that I wouldn't be open to employing my former lover to work for me in my business. She will have the impression that I still have feelings for her to even hire her and that's going to affect how serious she's going to be with her work. It's definitely not going to a positive employ.

The plans to manipulate you will be on the high side and this is what I wouldn't want for my business. It doesn't even sound reasonable to hire someone that you have shared some intimate relationship with to work at your company.

I am always against office romance to avoid getting entangled in a situation like this one. I can't even comprend how anyone would want to date someone in the same workplace in the first place. Most organizations don't let it happen too. So, I will just quit the job, if I happen to be in a such a sorry state of my ex becoming my boss at the office (which is not gonna happen anyways).
I will never be in a relationship with a fellow colleagues. It's out the question because I won't be attracted in any way. This isn't the case of what the OP was referring to as it's about being in a relationship with someone or having broken up before the person was employed in the same company you're in.

I will never be in a relationship with a fellow colleagues. It's out the question because I won't be attracted in any way. This isn't the case of what the OP was referring to as it's about being in a relationship with someone or having broken up before the person was employed in the same company you're in.

As long as you've been in a relationship with the person, it is going to sound awkward either working for the person or being in the same office with them. This is something that I won't be able to deal with as my emotions will always have the upper hand.

Truth is that I wouldn't be open to employing my former lover to work for me in my business. She will have the impression that I still have feelings for her to even hire her and that's going to affect how serious she's going to be with her work. It's definitely not going to a positive employ.

Well, in many cases, things could be different. For example, a person may be in a relationship with the other person. After ending the relationship, the other person may become a boss of a company. You may unknowingly apply in that company and you may encounter that person and find out that this particular person is now a boss of the company.

As long as you've been in a relationship with the person, it is going to sound awkward either working for the person or being in the same office with them. This is something that I won't be able to deal with as my emotions will always have the upper hand.

When you're the kind of person that's too emotional, it's definitely going to be very difficult for you to work with anyone whom you had something with before. Depending on how the relationship ended is what's going to impact on how you're going to react towards the person.

When you're the kind of person that's too emotional, it's definitely going to be very difficult for you to work with anyone whom you had something with before. Depending on how the relationship ended is what's going to impact on how you're going to react towards the person.

Working with certain kind of people might be quite hard. This is because there may be a lack of understanding between the two people. This may go true in many cases, whether or not you are working with someone with whom you have had relationship in the past.

Yes, I can understand this very well. I've heard some stories about coworkers who were caught having sex at work. There was those caught it their office and those caught in the rest room. This is a complete embarrassment and disrespect to the company.

Working with certain kind of people might be quite hard. This is because there may be a lack of understanding between the two people. This may go true in many cases, whether or not you are working with someone with whom you have had relationship in the past.

Well, in this particular case, it's not even about working with someone who lacks understanding but because of the previous relationship that you have with them. It's always going to interfere with how they work together and that's why most people try to avoid it.

It might be a different story for me but it's not about me but my colleague.it's quite amusing that my colleague's significant other was my boss. It's a quirky twist in the workplace, and it adds an interesting dynamic to our professional lives. We all get along well,since we were all friends before they both got in relationship and then breaking up .so it's a fun and friendly environment despite the unusual connection.

Yes, I can understand this very well. I've heard some stories about coworkers who were caught having sex at work. There was those caught it their office and those caught in the rest room. This is a complete embarrassment and disrespect to the company.

There was a video that was all over Twitter some years ago about two staff who was working in a restaurant that was caught on CCTV doing that. I wonder how they managed to leak the video because it was clearly obvious it was the CCTV that recorded them.

I like working with those who can complete me when I'm working. If you have those kind of persons in your team, there wouldn't be too much difficulty in the job you're working on. In the case of working with my ex, her body language will determine how I may work with her.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds