Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever have to fire someone?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you ever had to fire someone? I have fired one guy years ago, he was a graphic designer and I was looking for this person to help me with a new logo. But ended up peacing out and ignoring my calls or texts. So I fired him the next day and moved on from it. Ever been in such a situation?

Advertisement Placeholder
Have you ever had to fire someone? I have fired one guy years ago, he was a graphic designer and I was looking for this person to help me with a new logo. But ended up peacing out and ignoring my calls or texts. So I fired him the next day and moved on from it. Ever been in such a situation?

I have never fired someone. The fact of the matter remains that I have worked as a freelancer most of my life. This is why I do not need to hire someone in the first place. I really doubt I would fire someone because I plan to work as a freelancer for the rest of my life.

I have fired just one guy. He was not a diligent worker, yet I was tolerating him. Then he started appearing in the workplace drunk. I warned him multiple times but he continued to appear drunk. Then I fired him. He worked for me for just a couple of months.

I can personally tell you that firing someone from their job is never going to have a good feeling in your heart because you know you are removing the person from their source of making money but in a situation whereby they are the one that caused for them to be fired, then it's something that must be done. I have done it once, and it never felt good.

I have not really fired anyone who work with me . They have been nice, most of them just move on voluntarily. Nobody is fired when you are carrying out your duties and responsibilities diligently...

I have not really fired anyone who work with me . They have been nice, most of them just move on voluntarily. Nobody is fired when you are carrying out your duties and responsibilities diligently...

I have never been the type of business owner or an entrepreneur who's trigger happy when it comes to sacking anyone that's working for me but everything changes when I find out that you're playing tricks that's going to hurt my business in a bad way while you still expect me to keep paying your salary.

It has always been a difficult decision to fire someone from his position. But when it becomes inevitable as leaving such staff could cause danger among other members of the company...

It has always been a difficult decision to fire someone from his position. But when it becomes inevitable as leaving such staff could cause danger among other members of the company...

The reason why anyone is hired by a company is to work and add positive contribution to the company's growth. If you're hired and not adding anything positive to the company's business growth, they are not supposed to keep paying such a waste of a staff?

The reason why anyone is hired by a company is to work and add positive contribution to the company's growth. If you're hired and not adding anything positive to the company's business growth, they are not supposed to keep paying such a waste of a staff?
I agree to that, unproductive staffs and employees should be shown the way out. But mine is a small business with only one staff who is really dedicated and committed. I have not found any reason to fire him..

I agree to that, unproductive staffs and employees should be shown the way out. But mine is a small business with only one staff who is really dedicated and committed. I have not found any reason to fire him..

If your staff is very productive, dedicated and committed to how they work for you, there's no way you are supposed to have them fired because they are doing exactly what they were hired for. Workers are not fired for doing well, it's for when they are under performing.

If your staff is very productive, dedicated and committed to how they work for you, there's no way you are supposed to have them fired because they are doing exactly what they were hired for. Workers are not fired for doing well, it's for when they are under performing.
Many people also get fired from their position because they have failed to refresh their current skill. They refuse to go get better skills. Our world is evolving and people should be able to move with the latest and current trends..

I have never fired someone and firing someone should be the last resort. However, if the employee has committed a serious crime, then I think that they could be fired. There should be a really strong reason to fire someone to begin with.

Many people also get fired from their position because they have failed to refresh their current skill. They refuse to go get better skills. Our world is evolving and people should be able to move with the latest and current trends..

Yeah that's very correct. When you're not doing well in your workplace where you're expected to meet a target, there's always a high chance the company will fire the worker. If it's my business, I wouldn't waste time to fire the worker and employ who will deliver.

Yeah that's very correct. When you're not doing well in your workplace where you're expected to meet a target, there's always a high chance the company will fire the worker. If it's my business, I wouldn't waste time to fire the worker and employ who will deliver.
I have not been privileged to fire anyone but I will definitely do so I there need to do so. Though no one likes to loose their job. But there are always circumstances that could lead to that, such as lateness to work and unproductivity...

I have not been privileged to fire anyone but I will definitely do so I there need to do so. Though no one likes to loose their job. But there are always circumstances that could lead to that, such as lateness to work and unproductivity...

There are many reasons why a person may think many times before firing a person. Inflation is quite high and the rate of unemployment is increasing too much. This is why there are many people who would always be lenient when it comes to firing people. However, I also believe that employees should also consider playing their part and try to understand the importance of their job.

There are many reasons why a person may think many times before firing a person. Inflation is quite high and the rate of unemployment is increasing too much. This is why there are many people who would always be lenient when it comes to firing people. However, I also believe that employees should also consider playing their part and try to understand the importance of their job.
You can not be tolerant at the detriment of your business. If your business fails tomorrow people takes you to be a failure saying you can not run and manage your business well. Every employee should not take my business for granted..

You can not be tolerant at the detriment of your business. If your business fails tomorrow people takes you to be a failure saying you can not run and manage your business well. Every employee should not take my business for granted..

The success of every business depends on many factors. This also depends on how efficient your employees are. If you do not perform well, then the boss may have no other option but to fire you. This is why it is very important to mend your ways and make things better.

E
The success of every business depends on many factors. This also depends on how efficient your employees are. If you do not perform well, then the boss may have no other option but to fire you. This is why it is very important to mend your ways and make things better.
Every employee has roles to play in the working efficiency of the company he is employed and must try at all times to put in his best. Many employees are nonchalant because the business does not belong directly to them..

Most of the people that I ever worked with ended it on a mutual consent. I am very careful with hiring people for my poultry farm and it is very important when I hire people that key into the goals of the project. This makes it easier to work with a lot of them too.

Yeah, exactly! When it's crystal clear to me that whatever that you're doing working for me is to the disadvantage of my business, it's a sin to myself and my business to allow the person stay the next 1 minute within my business premises. Some workers are so wicked they have no human conscience.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds