Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever have problems with sleeping on the job?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Have you ever had issues where you ended up sleeping on the job? I have a friend who did this years ago, as he worked at a hotel for a time. Well he was working the night shift and was getting tired. So he decided to sit in a room for 5 minutes to compose himself a bit and get back to work, except he ended up passing out, and slept for like a half hour until someone called him on his radio. But, he didn't wake up through the radio calls and they found him sleeping in said room. He was fired soon after.

I've never had issues with sleeping on the job, but I will admit when I worked at the call center there were a couple days where I was tired to the point I nearly passed out myself. I remember answering emails during one day and my eyes were heavy at this point. Caught myself closing my eyes a few times, so whenever I got too tired, I'd slap myself in the face a bit. Wasn't fun haha. What about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
I've slept on my job once or twice but it's not like for hours where I couldn't wake up easily. Sleeping off on a job where you're expected to be active almost all the time will have you fired. It's bad for business and there's no explanation you would give to make it a pardonable case. I would be devastated if I were the guy.

I have had several cases where I usually feel very sleepy at work and it's all down to me not being able to sleep very well in the night because I usually get at most 4 hours of sleep every night. So, there are some days when I get to work, it is going to be very critical for me with the kind of battle that I'm going to have with feeling sleepy all day. I usually try and take a walk whenever the sleep is too much for me to control and once I am done, I am going to feel a little bit better.

I have had several cases where I usually feel very sleepy at work and it's all down to me not being able to sleep very well in the night because I usually get at most 4 hours of sleep every night. So, there are some days when I get to work, it is going to be very critical for me with the kind of battle that I'm going to have with feeling sleepy all day. I usually try and take a walk whenever the sleep is too much for me to control and once I am done, I am going to feel a little bit better.

Getting 4 hours of sleep is very detrimental to one's health. I would never opt for a job that requires me to sleep for just 4 hours. I have worked for a business that required me to dedicate seven hours of my day. Even during that time, it used to feel like the job timings are horrible.

I have sleep trouble but I tend to not get tired at work. However, there were a few times where I had not slept and ended up requesting to go home. I couldn't function and did not want to mess anything up.

I have sleep trouble but I tend to not get tired at work. However, there were a few times where I had not slept and ended up requesting to go home. I couldn't function and did not want to mess anything up.

Setting a routine is quite important. I used to be a nightowl. However, when I used to attend training sessions at a bank, I forked a routine and then I never stayed up late at night. However, my habits changed once again and now I became a nightowl once again. In order to avoid this habit, a person must try to create a schedule or talk to a professional in case if he needs further assistance.

I am a freelancer and I think I can relate to this. There are times when there would be loads of work to do and at some point you would feel like relaxing on your work table for a bit only for you to wake up some hours later.

I can't say I have ever had any issue myself with sleeping on the job but I can imagine how annoyed someone would be with themselves for doing so if they did and got fired for it.

I do know that there are security guards at stores near where I live who tend to sit in the back and take a nap which I find wrong but they seem to get away with it which I think is a disgrace.

When I was a manager in a store where we sold tires, I slept during the opening hours sometimes, which was usually during the hot summer months. We did not have a lot of customers, and customers were rare during the hot summer days. It was not a problem.

Getting 4 hours of sleep is very detrimental to one's health. I would never opt for a job that requires me to sleep for just 4 hours. I have worked for a business that required me to dedicate seven hours of my day. Even during that time, it used to feel like the job timings are horrible.

I actually know very well that sleeping only 4 hours is something that is not good for my health and I have been trying a lot of things to see if it is possible for me to work on my sleeping schedule because it's has become a very big challenge for me at the moment. I have been managing it trying to work too because I don't have any choice.

I actually know very well that sleeping only 4 hours is something that is not good for my health and I have been trying a lot of things to see if it is possible for me to work on my sleeping schedule because it's has become a very big challenge for me at the moment. I have been managing it trying to work too because I don't have any choice.

Many studies prove that humans should sleep before 12:00 AM and I know the importance of this. I myself sleep at 4:00 AM many times and this is making my health crumble. this is why I am trying my best to create the best schedule that would allow me to work properly and get up early in the morning. However, this is hard to do so, especially if you suffer from insomnia. I am a freelancer, so i do not need to worry about sleeping while i am at work.

Many people could sleep off when they are on duty due to fatigue and tiredness. Though I have found myself sleeping on duty sometimes when I was working in a hotel but I was not caught by my manager or supervisor..

Many people could sleep off when they are on duty due to fatigue and tiredness. Though I have found myself sleeping on duty sometimes when I was working in a hotel but I was not caught by my manager or supervisor..

Well, fatigue and tiredness will always make any worker to perform below the requirement or capacity they are expected to. It's why I do my best to make sure I'm in a good condition to give my best at work because I know that management won't hear any excuses from me underperforming.

Well, fatigue and tiredness will always make any worker to perform below the requirement or capacity they are expected to. It's why I do my best to make sure I'm in a good condition to give my best at work because I know that management won't hear any excuses from me underperforming.

This is why many workplaces have a fixed time period when it comes to offering breaks. They offer breaks because they understand that employees need some rest in order to get re-energised at work. Very few workplaces do not offer breaks. This is when the employees may start feeling sleepy at work.

This is why many workplaces have a fixed time period when it comes to offering breaks. They offer breaks because they understand that employees need some rest in order to get re-energised at work. Very few workplaces do not offer breaks. This is when the employees may start feeling sleepy at work.

That's it with how to make sure your workers are in the right condition to deliver on their job. I can't imagine working for any company where there's nothing like having breaks. They would have to force workers to be on the job from either 8AM or 9AM till 4PM or 5PM.

Many times it is difficult to cheat nature, that is why it is good to have a good rest and sleep whenever you are opportuned, so that you do go sleeping when you are supposed to be working to avoid your managers wrath..

This is really a problem, because I have a sedentary and rather boring job, so even if I get a good night's sleep, during the day at work I want to sleep, so I constantly drink coffee and energy drinks, although this is very harmful, I have no choice

This is really a problem, because I have a sedentary and rather boring job, so even if I get a good night's sleep, during the day at work I want to sleep, so I constantly drink coffee and energy drinks, although this is very harmful, I have no choice

I think that employees should not sleep while they are at work because this could give a really bad impression. However, sometimes, a person can fall asleep and this is a very common thing because we are humans and we can fall asleep at any time, especially if we are quite stressed at the job.

When you don't get good rest it causes you to sleep while on duty and it could be very dangerous and hazardous. Imagine working on a machine and trying to doze off, the danger is enormous...

When you don't get good rest it causes you to sleep while on duty and it could be very dangerous and hazardous. Imagine working on a machine and trying to doze off, the danger is enormous...

This is why I always believe that a person must emphasise a ,lot on his health initially and take such kind of matters seriously. A person must go to bed early so that he may not feel sleepy while he is at work. Most people feel sleepy because they do not sleep at the right time at night.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds