Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever get invited to go out for drinks after work?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
If you've become friend with your co-workers, have you ever went out to drink after work? I have gone out to drink after work before, but I don't do it a lot these days. And then again, I also work online now, so I don't really go out to drink anymore. But if you work at a place of work, and have a lot of co-workers, it's not a bad thing to do, as it's a good way to help become friends and make work later a lot more bearable.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is actually very difficult for me to make friends easily at work because I normally prefer to come and do my work and go home. But fortunately, I made two good friends at work and they become my buddies, so we usually hang out during the weekends to have drinks and catch fun together.

Your co-workers could be your friend. I have many friends who work on many different kinds of online platforms and I love to interact with them. However, since they live in different countries, I have not met them, but I surely plan to visit them one day and meet them.

I don't honour such invitations. I don't have friends at work and just focus on doing my job and going home. Why would I want to get involved with a staff member after work when such an act can result in insults in the future.

Your co-workers could be your friend. I have many friends who work on many different kinds of online platforms and I love to interact with them. However, since they live in different countries, I have not met them, but I surely plan to visit them one day and meet them.

The most important thing is for you to be very careful with the person that you are becoming very close to at work because there are some people who will have ulterior motives to be in a position where they can exploit you at work. This is something that is not going to end well for you if you're not very careful.

It is actually very difficult for me to make friends easily at work because I normally prefer to come and do my work and go home. But fortunately, I made two good friends at work and they become my buddies, so we usually hang out during the weekends to have drinks and catch fun together.

I have worked in a place where they never allowed to go outside the building, so I never got the chance to go out when I was working at a specific company. However, I have attended a training session at a different company and I have been with people who used to attend the training sessions with me.

I have been invited for drinks after working hours multiple times, however, I have always rejected the invitation. That's because I don't drink. I stopped drinking a long time ago. IN the beginning, I used to go to cocktail parties just to socialize and used to drink non-alcoholic drinks. However, these days I have even stopped going to parties and drink non-alcoholic drinks.

The most important thing is for you to be very careful with the person that you are becoming very close to at work because there are some people who will have ulterior motives to be in a position where they can exploit you at work. This is something that is not going to end well for you if you're not very careful.

I always maintain a really safe distance when it comes to making friends. I have been betrayed in the past as well and this was the time when I decided that maintaining a special kind of distance from people is the best thing a person could do in many cases.

I have been invited for drinks after working hours multiple times, however, I have always rejected the invitation. That's because I don't drink. I stopped drinking a long time ago. IN the beginning, I used to go to cocktail parties just to socialize and used to drink non-alcoholic drinks. However, these days I have even stopped going to parties and drink non-alcoholic drinks.

If you are not the person who is into drinking of alcoholic beverages it is going to be a complete waste of time for you to by honouring invitations where you are meant to take alcoholic drinks. Staying there wouldn't be fruitful for you because you will not be getting along with everything they are doing. Once people start getting tipsy, you wouldn't be comfortable being around them again.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds