Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever been locked out of your business?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Ever been locked out of your business for any reason? Maybe you forgot your keys, or locked your keys in your store/shop/business. I myself haven't had this issue, but have you? What did you do? Hire a locksmith to get you in? Did you break in?

Advertisement Placeholder
Ever been locked out of your business for any reason? Maybe you forgot your keys, or locked your keys in your store/shop/business. I myself haven't had this issue, but have you? What did you do? Hire a locksmith to get you in? Did you break in?

I am a freelancer and I have never experienced this. Having said that, I may have had forgotten passwords of certain kinds of websites. Whenever this happens I merely try to reset my password by requesting a new one, so there is nothing to be concerned about.

There was a time when I was managing the business of my mother who was into selling of red oil in the open market where she normally sells her products and the tax force had to lock up our show as a result of a sanitation issues that was not resolved.

I went to work early to get ahead on some things and had forgotten my key ring. It is a small device that unlocks the door toe access the office. I ended up having to drive all the way home only to arrive to work on my normal time. So annoying.

Usually businesses get locked up when they have to face legal issues. In many cases, the workplace or the business could get sealed by the authorities until you get permission to carry out business activities. This could be a time when businesses could go through extremely difficult times.

I went to work early to get ahead on some things and had forgotten my key ring. It is a small device that unlocks the door toe access the office. I ended up having to drive all the way home only to arrive to work on my normal time. So annoying.

I can understand this kind of feeling because you are going to be frustrated and worked up the whole day. Matters would have been worse if you ended up getting caught up in a very heavy traffic that is going to have you spend hours on the road.

Time without numbers I have had such experience and I can't really tell exactly what was wrong with. sometimes I felt I have taken the keys with me but later realized I either left it home or in the office and the doors are locked.

As a good business owner you don't give total control of your business to another person no matter how close the person is to you. This is to avoid betrayal because nobody can be trusted.

As a good business owner you don't give total control of your business to another person no matter how close the person is to you. This is to avoid betrayal because nobody can be trusted.
Of course, it's fine to have someone doing the work for you, so long as you don't give them too much power. Making them a manager or supervisor can help.

Of course, it's fine to have someone doing the work for you, so long as you don't give them too much power. Making them a manager or supervisor can help.

I think that there is nothing wrong with making someone a manager. However, when you make someone a manger, you must also make sure that you increase their pay rates as well. This is obviously dependent upon their performance and experience in the field.

Yes I was once locked out of my business though it wasn't intentional but I believe it was because I wasn't thinking straight due to some issues that occupied me.

Yes I was once locked out of my business though it wasn't intentional but I believe it was because I wasn't thinking straight due to some issues that occupied me.

Locking out of business could be a horrifying thing. The fact of the matter remains that you should always have a back up when it comes to conducting business. This may also include saving passwords in safe places. Cyber security should also be considered as hacking is also very common nowadays.

This has happened a lot of times at my office. I can be rushing to work and forget to come along with the keys and it is always my neighbor that comes to my help as my decision to drop a spare key with him was not in vain.

I hate breaking into the office and I adopted the act of dropping the spare keys with a trustworthy neighbor as a backup plan for situations like that.

This has happened a lot of times at my office. I can be rushing to work and forget to come along with the keys and it is always my neighbor that comes to my help as my decision to drop a spare key with him was not in vain.

I hate breaking into the office and I adopted the act of dropping the spare keys with a trustworthy neighbor as a backup plan for situations like that.

I think that getting locked up has many different kinds of definitions. You may store some kind of important data related to your business on your computer and you may forget the password. So, in this case you may also have gotten locked up in a different manner.

Those who have their businesses running online are usually locked out of their business when they have their business account being hacked. There's no way they can get back into their business account and that's a loss. I just helped a friend of mine set up her 2FA on her business Facebook account.

If I should be locked out of my business and I know where my keys are, I won't hire a locksmith to open the lock. If the key is at home, I will go back home and get it. Unless I lost the keys, I won't have any choice but to use a locksmith's services.

I believe that this is a very good advice that you neighbour gave to you when it comes to droping a spare key because it is going to save you the trouble of having to go home and bring your key or having to break your office if there is an emergency that is needed to be taken care of immediately you cannot delay to go home and bring the office keys.

It always feels weird whenever you're breaking your own office because you forgot your keys at home.

If I should be locked out of my business and I know where my keys are, I won't hire a locksmith to open the lock. If the key is at home, I will go back home and get it. Unless I lost the keys, I won't have any choice but to use a locksmith's services.

I think that there are many businesses that also store cash in safe. They create a built-in safe. This also goes true for many people who own jewellery shop as well. The fact remains that it is still not that safe at all. They can get locked out and in that case, they may need to have a secondary option like a duplicate key.

I think that there are many businesses that also store cash in safe. They create a built-in safe. This also goes true for many people who own jewellery shop as well. The fact remains that it is still not that safe at all. They can get locked out and in that case, they may need to have a secondary option like a duplicate key.
If you have a spare key whenever you're locked out of your business, there's no cause for alarm. Your spare key will save the day. You will be in a bad place if you lose your main keys and also lose your spare key. What's left is to break the door's key or use a Locksmith's specialty.

If you have a spare key whenever you're locked out of your business, there's no cause for alarm. Your spare key will save the day. You will be in a bad place if you lose your main keys and also lose your spare key. What's left is to break the door's key or use a Locksmith's specialty.

Every business owner should have keys that got a spare. I don't see any reason they shouldn't be having those keys outside the workplace. A lot can happen and one can misplace the key they always use to open the office and that is where the spare key will be helpful. If you notice that the spare key is missing, then change the keys entirely.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds