Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Electronic Music Takes No Skill?

lludawg

Reputable member
Credits
What are your thoughts on electronic music? Some people say it is horrible because you don't need singing or music skills. All you really need is a computer and some software. I disagree with this because not everyone has the talent to piece together beats into music. Let me know your thoughts!

Advertisement Placeholder
That is like saying you dont need music skills to bang drums, or hit piano keys or strum guitar strings - anyone can do these things. Sure you need no skill to make a computer make noises - but to make those noises fit together in a way that paints a picture in the imagination and that touches people inside even if they are not sure why ? That takes skill and talent.
Maybe what people mean is you do not need any formal training to make electronic music - but then Jimmy Hendrix never had any formal training to make guitar music and I have never heard anyone call him unskilled.

I beg to disagree as well. It's not easy mixing music together. Whether you have the right equipment to aid you or just a simple flair for tunes, you cannot make good music if you don't have an hear for it. So producing electronic requires a lot of skill. Look at David Guetta and Calvin Harris. If everyone had an ear for music, every DJ out there should be just as famous. But that's not the case.

HI :)

I would give a computer and some software to the ones who say this is all it takes and i would ask them to create a song

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds