Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Domain Extensions and SEO

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
When it comes to ranking a website, search engines do not take any note of domain extensions. For example, Google does not care whether the website uses xyx domain or com domain, what it actually cares about is which website has more valuable content. Search engines rank websites based on the quality and originality of content, and not because of the extension used. You can use any extension without worrying about Search engine ranking.

Advertisement Placeholder
The problem is that people have a previous bad idea on xyz extensions and could flag as spammers to google bot or elsewhere then search engines may be falsified based on anonymous claims place this website as a spam website then they will not trust the content.

Your domain extension is important and may affect your search results ranking. The most memorable domain extensions are.com and .net.

I don't think that paranoia is justified. Well, many people run into trouble wether it be bad reviews or something else. People need to ride the storm.

That's not something I knew but I thought .com or .net matter. I do know that the name itself matters, how long it is and how old it is. All things that are google search ranking signals but I did not know that it didn't matter if it was the extension.

I think it matters but not to the extent some people do. Basically, you don't want a national domain for a site when you're targeting a different nation. That would be self-defeating.

However, though, some domains like the one on this site, .co, are probably exceptions as search engines should understand the situation - as .co, the Colombian extension, has been released as a general domain. Well, I don't know the details.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds