Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does your members know your voice?

For topics related to engaging users and creating community interaction.

Heatman

Service Team
Service Team
Do you ever at any point feel that it's necessary for you to make your voice something that's known by all of your forum members? Although, this isn't going to be an issue if you run a YouTube channel that is linked to your forum. It's going to be very easy for your forum members to be very familiar with your voice and face.

In a situation where you don't have a YouTube channel, how else do you make it possible for your forum members to be familiar with your voice?

I don't make videos, so they don't know my voice, but, I don't think it's important for them to know that.

Anyway, I did like to make "make believe" radio stations as a kid. I did that with those 80s model radio/cassette recorders.

Not really. I think only @Al and @Reverie knows my voice. Don’t really see the need of expressing myself much using my voice.

It’s an interesting concept. I can see how possibly this gives you more human character and possibly if you have charisma that will keep more people interested. I think you can express your charisma in messages sometimes though.

I haven’t felt the need to have my voice known. Former staff at this one forum would know because we all did google meets a lot for a while. It was a lot of fun talking to fellow staff and being silly.

Also Atrium - some of the members would join a voice call and we would goof off from time or two. While I loved those moments I don’t think it’s a requirement for a successful community. Having opportunities outside of the forum to communicate is a good way to build friendships though!

Nope. On an old forum we used to have that was focused on gaming, we would play CounterStrike online together and using mics, so before yes

No idea, I mean if they know that I stream on Twitch then they might? then again it depends if they have seen me.
I am with you on this I do stream when I have time so if I feel up to using a mic I will, but no one currently in my community know my voice except the friends I play STO with

I've only spoken with one member on a forum we were both at and that was a few times on the phone.

Some say I have a slightly southern accent. It may have been stronger in the past. Well, I traveled to Minnesota USA one time and some were kidding me around about "being from Kentucky", but actually I'm from Eastern Tennessee.

I am careful when being on the internet, especially when I interact in forums online. I tend to keep my identity safe, it helps me feel safer online when I do that.

No one so far has heard my voice online.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 20 80.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds