Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does your boss give credit when it's earned or steal it?

Credits
I have worked with a lot of people whom are with different kind of characters especially when it comes to being honest, sincere and open.

I have been in a company where the boss will never give credit to any staff who did a great job but he would put up himself as the brain behind the success to take all the credit.

Have you ever experienced worked with this kind of boss?

Advertisement Placeholder
My boss is a funny kind of person he doesn't give credit and doesn't take either, let me break it down for you, what I mean by that if you should do something and what you did is right he will not admit you are right but neither will admit he is wrong like all of the funny attitude of men or some men we'll just let it float in the air and go away that's just how he does he let it float in the air and go away without saying shit.

I have never worked for any person who stole credit. My employers always credited me for my work. Since they appreciated my good work, they also reprimanded me when I performed badly, however, they did not embarrass me publicly for my bad performance.

I have worked with a lot of people whom are with different kind of characters especially when it comes to being honest, sincere and open.

I have been in a company where the boss will never give credit to any staff who did a great job but he would put up himself as the brain behind the success to take all the credit.

When I used to have an offline job, my boss always used to tell us that he never praises an employee in front of the employee. This is because he erroneously believed that praising employees in front of employees usually make them feel proud and they stop performing well. I think that this is not necessarily true.

I do not really suggest a working idea in my workplace to me direct boss rather I will go to the manager to discuss this. This is because my boss will always claim he is the owner of the idea and take credit for it.

If I worked for a boss who is of the habit of stealing or taking credit for all my hard work, I won't complain much for as long as he keeps paying me what we agreed on. Two things will make me leave his job ; 1. Any day he doesn't pay me when what I'm owed, I will not listen to any excuses. 2. Whenever he makes me look like a fool in front of others, 3. Whenever he takes my credit and doesn't pay me. I will resign from the work.

I have never worked for any person who stole credit. My employers always credited me for my work. Since they appreciated my good work, they also reprimanded me when I performed badly, however, they did not embarrass me publicly for my bad performance.

Reprimanding your worker publicly is something that is going to be damaging psychologically and emotionally for the worker and it's most likely going to affect the person's work for a very long time before they will be able to get over it. This is why I believe it is better that this kind of thing is something that is done privately.

If I worked for a boss who is of the habit of stealing or taking credit for all my hard work, I won't complain much for as long as he keeps paying me what we agreed on. Two things will make me leave his job ; 1. Any day he doesn't pay me when what I'm owed, I will not listen to any excuses. 2. Whenever he makes me look like a fool in front of others, 3. Whenever he takes my credit and doesn't pay me. I will resign from the work.

There are many people who take credit of all your work. However, they certainly pay you for that. For example, I used o work for a content mill where I had the chance to sell articles and get upfront payment. However, the credit and the rights of the articles were legally transferred to the company.

There are many people who take credit of all your work. However, they certainly pay you for that. For example, I used o work for a content mill where I had the chance to sell articles and get upfront payment. However, the credit and the rights of the articles were legally transferred to the company.

As long as my payments are always guaranteed in such situation, I wouldn't even mind whatever my boss does because I know that the knowledge and skill that I used to solve that particular problem is something that I own within me which I can be able to impact in any other place where I am hired to work.

If you sold your contents, it's no longer your own. You've given everything away when you took payment for them. It's the same thing with paid posting. If you're paid to render paid posting services, whatever you posted is for the owner. You won't come back tomorrow and ask for it to be taken down.

I do not really suggest a working idea in my workplace to me direct boss rather I will go to the manager to discuss this. This is because my boss will always claim he is the owner of the idea and take credit for it.

I believe that this is something your direct supervisor or boss have actually done to you on several occasions before you realised what was happening for you to now go direct to the manager and give whatever suggestion that you think is going to be beneficial for the business to progress. This is one of the reason why I find it very difficult to trust anyone that I am working with especially in offline jobs.

Each boss I worked for gave me credit for when I did things. I never had a boss who took credit for my work. But if they did I would be pretty annoyed by it. I don't like when people try and claim they did something they didn't especially if it's something I did. I think people who do it, should be called out, or you should stand up for yourself and let them know you did that work.

My boss rewards for a job done well. He is that good that he doesn't mind hosting a quick party to celebrate those that have done excellently well at work and that is a good trait of him. I have also observed that he does appreciate when it was more than one person doing well than when it is an individual that is involved.

My boss rewards for a job done well. He is that good that he doesn't mind hosting a quick party to celebrate those that have done excellently well at work and that is a good trait of him. I have also observed that he does appreciate when it was more than one person doing well than when it is an individual that is involved.

Collective effort is always better in any working environment because it means that there is always going to be a better performance when more workers are always improving on their work output.

I believe is the reason why your boss is always appreciative of his workers because they are showing him commitment and dedication in carrying out their duties.

Collective effort is always better in any working environment because it means that there is always going to be a better performance when more workers are always improving on their work output.

I believe is the reason why your boss is always appreciative of his workers because they are showing him commitment and dedication in carrying out their duties.

Yes, I agree with you on this assertion that my boss always take that approach of appreciating a team instead of one person as a way of making us understand that no tree can make a forest.

I also think he should commend staff that make solo efforts in a unique way to move the company forward.

Yes, I agree with you on this assertion that my boss always take that approach of appreciating a team instead of one person as a way of making us understand that no tree can make a forest.

I also think he should commend staff that make solo efforts in a unique way to move the company forward.

It is always better generally for your business to carry everyone along because it will make all your staffs to feel like they belong in the same level of recognition by the authority in the workplace and nobody is going to feel they are being neglected or treated unfairly which will most likely affect their mood for working.

As long as my payments are always guaranteed in such situation, I wouldn't even mind whatever my boss does because I know that the knowledge and skill that I used to solve that particular problem is something that I own within me which I can be able to impact in any other place where I am hired to work.

I am quite sure that employees most mind most of the things as long as they are getting compensated well. If a boss appreciates me, then I would certainly be happy about it and I would work even more diligently. Money is not the only thing an employee wants. There are many other things that also matter a lot.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds