Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does your boss appreciates staff?

Frank

Captain Junkie
Credits
I have worked for two companies so far in my corporate life. I have had different bosses at work when I was working in the first job too. I used to have one boss that will never talk or applaud staff for job well-done. It is always talks about how we should improve or do this or that. I got tired of going for meetings at a particular moment because it was never encouraging. Do you have a boss that behaves this way?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have worked for bosses who appreciates their employees and also for those who doesn't. There's nothing that you're going to do for them that's going to make them appreciate you. I have resigned from a job as a result of that when I was told in my face that my services are not worth anything. I knew immediately there's no need for me to still be in the company.

I once had a fight with my boss and then I quit. Interestingly, the boss was very appreciative of his staff and he always treated his staff well. I don't know what came over his mind to threaten to fire me for not working on a weekend.

I have worked for bosses who appreciates their employees and also for those who doesn't. There's nothing that you're going to do for them that's going to make them appreciate you. I have resigned from a job as a result of that when I was told in my face that my services are not worth anything. I knew immediately there's no need for me to still be in the company.

Certainly! Many people deserve to be appreciated. It is not the result that matters, what matters the most is the fact that an employee might be putting a lots of effort in the end and this is one of the most important things. Appreciation is a good gesture by a boss under all circumstances.

I once had a fight with my boss and then I quit. Interestingly, the boss was very appreciative of his staff and he always treated his staff well. I don't know what came over his mind to threaten to fire me for not working on a weekend.

It's really bad for the boss to have threatened to sack you over your inability to work during the weekend. This is the time that you should be resting and spending some quality time with your family and friends and not to be at the workplace.

Certainly! Many people deserve to be appreciated. It is not the result that matters, what matters the most is the fact that an employee might be putting a lots of effort in the end and this is one of the most important things. Appreciation is a good gesture by a boss under all circumstances.

On the other hand, I can equally not care about being appreciated openly by my boss as long as he is paying me my salary without any kind of excuses for delaying the payment. I will always keep doing my job and getting my payment, so let him keep his appreciation but always pay me when I am due for payment, then we are not going to have any problem.

On the other hand, I can equally not care about being appreciated openly by my boss as long as he is paying me my salary without any kind of excuses for delaying the payment. I will always keep doing my job and getting my payment, so let him keep his appreciation but always pay me when I am due for payment, then we are not going to have any problem.

I have worked in a place where I was never appreciated for my work and working at a place is not just about making money. If you consistently being thrashed at workplace, then you may find it really annoying. I was working there as long as I was receiving my salary. There came a point where they kept demanding more and more. I had to quit at that point.

I've been appreciated and unappreciated by my boss in my current job. I don't give much thought to it because it's bother being appreciated or unappreciated. I know within me my performance is good and I don't need anyone to admit it for me before I will believe.

I have worked in a place where I was never appreciated for my work and working at a place is not just about making money. If you consistently being thrashed at workplace, then you may find it really annoying. I was working there as long as I was receiving my salary. There came a point where they kept demanding more and more. I had to quit at that point.

There are times that quitting is the best thing to do. You want to work in a place where everyone especially the management see the efforts that you are putting into the work and appreciate it. A simple "Thank you" from the boss to a staff can go a long in making the staff feel loved and that is everything that matters.

There is a very big difference from not being appreciated and being abused when you are working because I am the kind of person that is not going to take any kind of abuse from whoever that I am working for because they are paying me. I am definitely going to resign from the job if it gets to the point where they are always trashing me at work especially when I am giving the best I can.

There is a very big difference from not being appreciated and being abused when you are working because I am the kind of person that is not going to take any kind of abuse from whoever that I am working for because they are paying me. I am definitely going to resign from the job if it gets to the point where they are always trashing me at work especially when I am giving the best I can.

Not being appreciated is also a kind of unethical thing. This is because credit should be given where it is due and if your employer does not give credit to you, then it is a sign that they will never appreciate you no matter how well you perform.

Not being appreciated is also a kind of unethical thing. This is because credit should be given where it is due and if your employer does not give credit to you, then it is a sign that they will never appreciate you no matter how well you perform.

I don't really think that it is written anywhere in any kind of business documents that you should be appreciated for the work that you're doing except that you should be paid for the work you are doing. This is the reason why I don't consider it as anything that is serious for me.

Most of the people I have worked for, were pretty great to me, some even helped me when I had problems that needed addressed. Each person I have worked for has been kind. I have yet to work for someone who was awful towards me. I'm thankful for that.

I don't really think that it is written anywhere in any kind of business documents that you should be appreciated for the work that you're doing except that you should be paid for the work you are doing. This is the reason why I don't consider it as anything that is serious for me.

It is not written anywhere. However, if a boss does not appreciate the worker for performing well, then I this could demotivate them. There are many different things that may not be written on a job contract. However, they should still be considered.

It is not written anywhere. However, if a boss does not appreciate the worker for performing well, then I this could demotivate them. There are many different things that may not be written on a job contract. However, they should still be considered.

You are very correct with this assessment because people actually need something to motivate them whenever they are doing well but unfortunately some enterpreneur don't really care about your feelings whenever you're working for them as long as they are paying you.

It's the reason why I don't pay attention to being appreciated or not whenever I am working as long as I am getting paid.

You are very correct with this assessment because people actually need something to motivate them whenever they are doing well but unfortunately some enterpreneur don't really care about your feelings whenever you're working for them as long as they are paying you.

It's the reason why I don't pay attention to being appreciated or not whenever I am working as long as I am getting paid.

The reward system is always an effective way to get in control and see ways that you can motivate your workers to put in their best in moving the company forward. Those that are rewarded will always see it as something that is worth being done and I like that such thing happens most of the time at my workplace. If you reward a staff, others will put more efforts to be rewarded in the future. So, it is not all about being paid for work done.

This is exactly what many employee did when I was working in a telemarketing company. Many of the employees were never motivated in the first place due to the fact that the minimum target employees needed to achieve in order to receive the bonus was just too huge. When you set unrealistic targets, your employees would become less interested in achieving them.

This is exactly what many employee did when I was working in a telemarketing company. Many of the employees were never motivated in the first place due to the fact that the minimum target employees needed to achieve in order to receive the bonus was just too huge. When you set unrealistic targets, your employees would become less interested in achieving them.

Well, it is only workers who don't have any other option alternatives to look at when it comes to securing new jobs that are going to be forced to stay in this kind of job working environment for a long time. This is because they know that the moment they resign from the job, it is going to be very difficult for them to secure another one.

Well, it is only workers who don't have any other option alternatives to look at when it comes to securing new jobs that are going to be forced to stay in this kind of job working environment for a long time. This is because they know that the moment they resign from the job, it is going to be very difficult for them to secure another one.

This is very important as if you give credit to the person, then they may get motivated. I am not sure why do so many people believe that appreciating your staff is a bad thing or it may have any kind of bad effect on the performance of employees. If employees are satisfied by their performance, then this may make them more confident as well.

This is very important as if you give credit to the person, then they may get motivated. I am not sure why do so many people believe that appreciating your staff is a bad thing or it may have any kind of bad effect on the performance of employees. If employees are satisfied by their performance, then this may make them more confident as well.

In my own business of poultry and fish farming, I always try as much as possible to appreciate my employees especially when it is very obvious to me that they are giving more than 100% to see my business become successful.

So, me not appreciating them is not justifying the efforts that they are contributing in my business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds