Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does your boss always announce his/her arrival?

Credits
Have you been in a situation where your boss don't usually come to work but when he or she would be coming, it's always going to unannounced...? I believe that the reason why some bosses do such is to try and catch their staff off guard.

Does your boss use this appearance strategy to keep staff on their toes?

Advertisement Placeholder
Have you been in a situation where your boss don't usually come to work but when he or she would be coming, it's always going to unannounced...? I believe that the reason why some bosses do such is to try and catch their staff off guard.

Does your boss use this appearance strategy to keep staff on their toes?

I am quite sure that a boss is not at all obliged to inform people if he plans to visit the workplace or business. Having said that, a boss may inform employees at his own discretion and he may order employees to place things in order before his arrival.

It's a good strategy to keep workers on their toes. Even as employees, we know that we slack or procrastinate sometimes, and being supervised is one of the ways to ensure that your business thrives.

When I worked at the call center, we always saw the boss come in, and we'd all greet each other. I wouldn't say they announced themselves in that way. We kind of just greeted each other as anyone would in the workplace.

I can't say that I have had this happen to me where the boss would come in without anyone noticing so they could catch people off guard but I could understand why some bosses may do this especially if they suspect something that should not be happening in the workplace.

As much as this could be something that employees are not happy with, it is a good way to keep your workers doing what they should be doing and not trying to go behind the boss's back.

I was once working as a sales manager in a store, the boss did not come to the workplace every day, Sometimes he would not come even for a couple of weeks. When he came, he always came unannounced.

I don't like having my boss around whenever I'm work most of the time. The extra eyes is very uncomfortable but it's not like I'm doing anything bad at work. My boss never announced his arrival, he comes and goes as he pleases. All of the workers are used to him working that way.

I don't like having my boss around whenever I'm work most of the time. The extra eyes is very uncomfortable but it's not like I'm doing anything bad at work. My boss never announced his arrival, he comes and goes as he pleases. All of the workers are used to him working that way.

I have this same mindset where I don't like having the boss around. I am more comfortable when he is not on seat as every staff will feel free to do their work. My boss is one that announces his arrival and throw jokes when around, but I still find that act to be uncomfortable for me.

I have this same mindset where I don't like having the boss around. I am more comfortable when he is not on seat as every staff will feel free to do their work. My boss is one that announces his arrival and throw jokes when around, but I still find that act to be uncomfortable for me.
I know I wouldn't be the only who doesn't like to have their boss around in the office when they working. I'm not saying he should come to his own business, but he should limit how frequent he comes up into the space where I'm working. His presence there interfere with my brain signals.

I know I wouldn't be the only who doesn't like to have their boss around in the office when they working. I'm not saying he should come to his own business, but he should limit how frequent he comes up into the space where I'm working. His presence there interfere with my brain signals.

I understand what you are trying to say and how the presences of the boss can be a bit of distraction and cause you unease. I also believe that, if you have nothing that you are hiding, you shouldn't feel that way when the boss is available at the workplace.

When I worked at the call center, we always saw the boss come in, and we'd all greet each other. I wouldn't say they announced themselves in that way. We kind of just greeted each other as anyone would in the workplace.

I have also worked in a call centre as well. many owners never actually visit call centres because they have managers who tend to manage the employees and other matters related to business. The owner at our call centre rarely used to visit the workplace.

I understand what you are trying to say and how the presences of the boss can be a bit of distraction and cause you unease. I also believe that, if you have nothing that you are hiding, you shouldn't feel that way when the boss is available at the workplace.
Feeling unease is the right word I was looking for. It's what having his presence in my own working space makes me pass through until he's out. It's why I like having my own different branch to manage and report to the headquarters for any need they want me to.

Although I haven't really worked under anyone but I can tell that it's really uncalled for. You don't need to announce your presence every time. To me it's really not necessary; just walk straight to your office and the secretary will take it from there.

No it doesn't we just tend to find out from how loud it could be, for example many when he steps in, he starts to ask about things that are no so relevant I don't know maybe that was always his way of making us know that you was around because there were times when she would sneak him just to catch us off-guard.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds