Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Does forum software impact membership?

Shawn Gossman1

Legendary member
Administrator
Website
www.shawngossman.com
Credits
How does everyone feel about forum software platforms being used a membership impacts?

For example, John Doe might not join your forum because it uses vBulletin, and they prefer XenForo.

Have you ever seen this happen?

Do you think this is a big problem in the forum world or just for certain niches and a very small group of people?

Advertisement Placeholder
Forums are not images, they’re platforms. Obviously, there has to be ease of use and it has to at least look a little professional, but who really cares about what software someone is using? People avoid forums for a variety of reasons but I’ve never come across anyone who didn’t post on a forum because they didn’t like the banner heading or whatever.

Forums are not images, they’re platforms. Obviously, there has to be ease of use and it has to at least look a little professional, but who really cares about what software someone is using? People avoid forums for a variety of reasons but I’ve never come across anyone who didn’t post on a forum because they didn’t like the banner heading or whatever.
Like Dilip says, there are software fanboys out there.

I've seen many vBulletin folk who will not join XF forums and vice-versa.

Weird, yes. But they're out there.

Like Dilip says, there are software fanboys out there.

I've seen many vBulletin folk who will not join XF forums and vice-versa.

Weird, yes. But they're out there.
I don't doubt they're out there, but so are fans of Micky Mouse and the old Triang Hornby model train set fans, but similarly I doubt you'd get a forum together based on types of software.

Last edited:
I don't doubt they're out there, but so are fans of Micky Mouse and the old Triang Hornby model train set fans, but similarly I doubt you'd get a forum together based on types of software.
That's true.

But on another forum, one you just left, there are plenty who are like that lol. Trust me, I've been a member there for nearly 20 years. I think the software clash is what started that forum down its road of self-destruction in all honesty.

It's just not that apparent anymore now that forums have overall decreased in popularity.

That's true.

But on another forum, one you just left, there are plenty who are like that lol. Trust me, I've been a member there for nearly 20 years. I think the software clash is what started that forum down its road of self-destruction in all honesty.

It's just not that apparent anymore now that forums have overall decreased in popularity.
That’s true. Plenty with nothing to say or anything new to add.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds