Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you use a sitemap for your sites?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do you guys use a sitemap for your site? For those who don't know, a sitemap is usually a guide with all of the important links to your site. A blog would usually have a monthly archive of content that you can access, and a more standard site will use it for their about page, FAQ, links to blog, site, social sites, etc. Usually the sitemap is meant to be for just the important sections of your site. I do think some add social links as well.

Advertisement Placeholder
Do you guys use a sitemap for your site? For those who don't know, a sitemap is usually a guide with all of the important links to your site. A blog would usually have a monthly archive of content that you can access, and a more standard site will use it for their about page, FAQ, links to blog, site, social sites, etc. Usually the sitemap is meant to be for just the important sections of your site. I do think some add social links as well.

I have a sitemap for my website because it lists all the pages on my website and the URL for each page. This enables search engine crawlers to find and index my content, and ensures that all of my pages are indexed by search engines. Also, a sitemap assists users in finding the content that they are looking for more quickly because they can view a complete list of all the pages on the website

Some of my sites have a site map, especially the one that has been in existence since a long time and has a lot of content. However, I am not using any site maps for my sites that are less then one years old or do jot have more than 25 articles.

I use sitemaps for my website because
Sitemaps serve several purposes for websites
Improved website navigation
A sitemap provides a clear structure of the website, making it easier for users and search engines to understand the organization and content of the site.
Better indexing by search engines
Sitemaps give search engines a complete overview of the pages on a website, making it easier for them to index and rank pages.
Increased visibility for new and updated pages
By submitting a sitemap to search engines, website owners can inform them of new or updated pages, increasing the chances of those pages being crawled and indexed.
Facilitation of crawl efficiency
Search engines can prioritize the pages on a site more effectively, as they have a comprehensive overview of all pages, rather than just finding pages through links.
In summary, sitemaps are beneficial for both website owners and search engines, improving the visibility and discoverability of a site's content.

Sitemap helps you to be organise and helps your site navigation, because it provides a clear structure on where things should be placed on your site, I always use a sitemap

Yes, using a sitemap for a website is advised. A sitemap aids search engines in finding URLs on your website and can give them more details regarding the actual pages on your website, including when they were most recently refreshed and how frequently they modify.

Sitemap is very good to be added to website in order to help you locate other site on internet. It's like a network that go between the sitemap and website to actually derive another page on websites.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds