Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you think Xenforo is the best forum software?

I think that XenForo is currently the best forum software out there right now. This is coming from a user perspective and from a forum staff member perspective as well. It just has the best features that you could possibly want in front of and behind the scenes.

Advertisement Placeholder
When I first experimented with the software, I wasn't overly impressed but having seen the software developed, having some great themes to choose from and the range of plugins available for it, I really am now a XF fan and any forum I create in the future will use this software as it's far superior to the alternatives out there.

Still up in the air on this, they have some great features but you are paying to get them. I think they are the best paid software but looking at what others offer for free I'm not sure if they are the best.

Coming from a long time IPB fanboy, I believe Xenforo has a few areas they need to continue to work on. My biggest complaint is the management of permissions for forums by the different usergroups. They could have made this way simpler such as IPB did with just the checkboxes if you wanted that group to post, view, etc in certain forums/categories.

Xenforo addons/plugins cost an arm and a leg..
The forum software already costs a heck of a lot just to own it. Why force us to pay $50 for the "good" plugins when some of them should be core features?

I do give them a good rating on the available themes... If you're looking for a good theme, XF community has that.

Xenforo addons/plugins cost an arm and a leg..

This is especially evident with the addons that have already been released for XenForo 2.0. I've been looking through the different addons on XF's forum to see what is already being developed, and almost all of the addons I saw were paid addons. I am hopeful that this will change once a stable release of XenForo 2.0 comes out, but I doubt it.

I've seen many reviews on the internet saying that Xenforo is the best software

do you think the same?
and why? what makes it the best forum software?
Yes, absolutely. It's fast, easy to configure, stable, secure, has excellent support, and over 4000 add-ons. I'm going to be buying a second license for my new forum and upgrade from a very disappointing phpBB. :D

Some of the disappointment with a lot of forum software could be due to the inexperience of the owner, not the software. In that case, they might be quick to say XenForo or some other premium software is the best, unjustifiably, and finally, XenForo can mess up. For instance, sometimes captchas and clever questions fail on it, bringing in as many spambots as say, phpBB.

However, though, I do own mostly XenForo forums and am satisfied, but I think it's more because I like the themes - a very subjective thing.

You should see my captcha question. lol I love XF because of it's base, built in features. I've been using phpBB on a new forum for the past 2 months, and it just doesn't compare in any way to my existing other XF forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds