Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you think some church's abuse the tithe system?

Seriously it is the manipulation that these so-called man of God uses on their members that makes me very annoyed and frustrated most of the time. Although when I look at it in how individuals allow themselves to be misled, manipulated and used like they are fools and ignorant is something that I still cannot be able to understand.
It's all connected to fear of the unknown, and hope. Since we were little the church has used the fear of hell to control the mind of worshippers. Church leaders created their own narratives that allowed them total dominance of the mind of their followers. Imagine a pastor giving out punishments to a church worker who was caught in adultery. But when the same pastor committed the same offence, he rebuked anyone who dared mention his sin and told the congregation only God can judge him, not man.

Those church leaders perfected the act of mind control using fear of the people, and their needs too. Pastors preaching about the importance of first fruits and tithes yet they do not do the same. They have thriving businesses but will summon members to church to come pray for money. They see the fear; they see the desperation. They learnt to use it to their advantage.

These days, any pastor who is good at leading resounding prayers about recovering lost or stolen glory or whatever they call it becomes a hot cake. A lot of people are lost.

Advertisement Placeholder
The day people will start doing things for God and not for the church, the power of the church which the church have been using to fool the world will fade. The people will know how they've been exploited for years.
Unfortunately, that day may never come because church is more or less a social gathering with religious undertones. A lot of people go to church to fulfill their social needs, not spiritual wants. Even when congregation see absolutely wrong acts - especially when perpetrated by the pastors - they look away and claims the Bible say, "thou shall not judge."

I got tired of going to church when I realized the place only add more to my problems, not subtract from it. A place of refuge became a place of trouble; people competing for success while demeaning those who doesn't measure up. Caucuses and groups in the church, waging war against each other. We know these things, church members do. But, we are comfortable looking away. Church is no more then a social gathering these days.

Unfortunately, that day may never come because church is more or less a social gathering with religious undertones. A lot of people go to church to fulfill their social needs, not spiritual wants. Even when congregation see absolutely wrong acts - especially when perpetrated by the pastors - they look away and claims the Bible say, "thou shall not judge."

I got tired of going to church when I realized the place only add more to my problems, not subtract from it. A place of refuge became a place of trouble; people competing for success while demeaning those who doesn't measure up. Caucuses and groups in the church, waging war against each other. We know these things, church members do. But, we are comfortable looking away. Church is no more then a social gathering these days.

It's very unfortunate indeed. Greed and selfishness have taken over the church activities. It is now a commercial business centre with religion as its banner. The masses have been deceived and lied to by the government, they ran to the church and religion only for the church to put the nail in their coffin.

It's very unfortunate indeed. Greed and selfishness have taken over the church activities. It is now a commercial business centre with religion as its banner. The masses have been deceived and lied to by the government, they ran to the church and religion only for the church to put the nail in their coffin.
Those two, the government and the church, share a lot of similarities. Asides exerting control over the lives of masses, what they've perfected is exploiting those masses too.

Have you ever wondered why churches/religion are booming in highly impoverished parts of the world? A church-crazy relative of mine relocated to an European country. When he got there he realized people over there rarely goes to church, yet they have everything we go to church to pray ceaselessly for. Needless to say, he doesn't bother about church anymore.

Church was meant to offer hope that the government couldn't give; it was meant to be a place of comfort away from the oppression of the world. Instead, the plan was hijacked by wicked humans who twisted the narratives and used our fears and doubts against us.

A very poor family man who has lost hope in the government turns to God for help, hoping He'll one day hear his prayers and rid him of poverty. However, those extortionists in pastors cloaks will multiply the man's problems with odd teachings about tithes and offerings, adding guilt to the already mounting problems of the poor man whenever he chooses to keep his meagre income just to feed his family.

Where there is power, there will be corruption, it happens with the church and it happens with the government, each one feeds on different fears to raise funds and embezzle them, I am a Christian, but the church does not represent me, I believe that much of the lack of faith that we have today in many countries of the world is because of the acts of the church all these centuries, It's a real shame.

Those two, the government and the church, share a lot of similarities. Asides exerting control over the lives of masses, what they've perfected is exploiting those masses too.

Have you ever wondered why churches/religion are booming in highly impoverished parts of the world? A church-crazy relative of mine relocated to an European country. When he got there he realized people over there rarely goes to church, yet they have everything we go to church to pray ceaselessly for. Needless to say, he doesn't bother about church anymore.

Church was meant to offer hope that the government couldn't give; it was meant to be a place of comfort away from the oppression of the world. Instead, the plan was hijacked by wicked humans who twisted the narratives and used our fears and doubts against us.

A very poor family man who has lost hope in the government turns to God for help, hoping He'll one day hear his prayers and rid him of poverty. However, those extortionists in pastors cloaks will multiply the man's problems with odd teachings about tithes and offerings, adding guilt to the already mounting problems of the poor man whenever he chooses to keep his meagre income just to feed his family.
Well said @mclxrx
Years ago, I used to feel bad when I fail to go to church on Sunday but after my eyes became wide open to their tricks and manipulations in order to deep their hands into congregations pockets, I pulled away completely. I don't judge anyone who doesn't go to church today.

.... A lot of people are lost.

This is simply my conclusion with everything that is happening today because if people are not already lost, it is going to be very difficult for them to be misled the way they are being misled by those who are supposed to contribute positively in their lives. When you even trying to correct and teach them, some of them will label you a heretic.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds