Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you think some church's abuse the tithe system?

MrDawn1

Renowned member
Credits
Do you think some church's abuse the tithe system?

I do. The church my family went to did. They said the money is going to a good cause but then they turn around and they always renovate and add on to the entire church, they fund vacations for their members to other states while calling it missions (that's a lie), some church's that I know of have refused to help the homeless unless the homeless are actual members of their church, and they blow that tithe money on festival events.
I think those church's where I live abuse the hell out of that free money they get. They live off of the backs of those who fear for their salvation. They take advantage of those people. I don't agree with that and I feel that is immoral.

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
Yes of course, I know very well that some churches Pastors and Reverends abuse their tithe system. It's something that is very common in my country today because these pastors are becoming so rich that you will keep questioning what they are using the tithe being paid by their members who are struggling financially to do. Some of them own private jets while their church members are finding it hard to eat 3x in a day.

I don't pay the tithe they ask for in church. I use the money in taking care of the poor, the homeless and the needy who live close to me in my neighbourhood. I use my tithe money to do the job of charity on my own. I don't need the church doing it on my behalf.

I don't like to judge people on such stuff. Well, it's a complicated matter and the there are legit bills to pay and if a mission happens to be fun, then why shouldn't it be?

Anyway, aside from Joel Osteen living in a mansion, I don't see why people have to be all grey and depressing and note Jesus even talked about the poor being with us always.

There's one church in New Zealand that asks people for money and then somehow they get really flash cars and really expensive items. It's almost a cult as they are also conspiracy theorists and really didn't help the government during Covid.

This is exactly what is happening in my country today and he's not even cars that the pastors in my country I even after but private jet one of the richest pastor in my country currently owns for private jet to his name. He's Bishop David Oyedepo who's the founder and presiding bishop at Living Faith Church Worldwide, called the Winners’ Chapel. In 2011, his estimated net worth was $150 million dollars.

I don't like to judge people on such stuff. Well, it's a complicated matter and the there are legit bills to pay and if a mission happens to be fun, then why shouldn't it be?

Anyway, aside from Joel Osteen living in a mansion, I don't see why people have to be all grey and depressing and note Jesus even talked about the poor being with us always.

It doesn't matter if anyone wants to judge me because I don't pay any tithe in church, it's their business which I don't give a damn about. It's my money and I will decide how to use it to help those in need.

I don't pay the tithe they ask for in church. I use the money in taking care of the poor, the homeless and the needy who live close to me in my neighbourhood. I use my tithe money to do the job of charity on my own. I don't need the church doing it on my behalf.

Personally, I believe that you're doing the right thing because you are going to be very sure of the homeless and the less privileged in your neighborhood are always taken care of with whatever you can be able to provide for them.

Personally, I believe that you're doing the right thing because you are going to be very sure of the homeless and the less privileged in your neighborhood are always taken care of with whatever you can be able to provide for them.

I know that I'm doing the right thing. I don't need anyone to tell me before I believe it. If I look at the faces of those homeless people I take care of and see the happiness on their faces, it's the proof I have.

It's not surprising some pastors can make a lot of money because they know how to sell themselves to the public. That's a skill people in business want.

I wouldn't mind those pastors starting a business and using this skill to promote their business so that the general public will be buying from them. They can be generating money for themselves and even for the church as well. They shouldn't use the skill to manipulate their members to take away all their money.

It's not surprising some pastors can make a lot of money because they know how to sell themselves to the public. That's a skill people in business want.

They are criminals in disguise. It's sad most church members are delusional to see the truth. If you try opening their eyes, they label you a blasphemer. I hardly bother with anyone of them lately.

I know that I'm doing the right thing. I don't need anyone to tell me before I believe it. If I look at the faces of those homeless people I take care of and see the happiness on their faces, it's the proof I have.

Whenever you are doing the right thing, you don't even need anyone to tell you just like you pointed out because your conscience is going to be very satisfied with where you are doing. This is something that will always motivate you to stay on that same path until you fulfill whatever plan you have in making people happy by taking care of them.

It is all about the leadership in those churches. They tend to take advantage of what is happening with the members asking for more in terms of tithes. I don't understand why they behave in that kind of manner, too. I always believed that the church should help the members more instead of asking for more money from them.

I've always opined that a church is a social organization with religious undertones. The tithe system was meant to provide for the poor and needy in and outside the church. But in a lot of cases, the poor are the ones forced to do the giving which is enjoyed by the already rich. As far as I'm concerned, a church that has no direct contribution to a member's income doesn't deserve tithe from the member.

It is all about the leadership in those churches. They tend to take advantage of what is happening with the members asking for more in terms of tithes. I don't understand why they behave in that kind of manner, too. I always believed that the church should help the members more instead of asking for more money from them.

Unfortunately, it has always been the other way around when it comes to who is taking care of who in most churches. It is true that some churches have charity programs that they do for some of their members but most of the times, they take more from their members than they give to those of their members who are in need.

I've always opined that a church is a social organization with religious undertones. The tithe system was meant to provide for the poor and needy in and outside the church. But in a lot of cases, the poor are the ones forced to do the giving which is enjoyed by the already rich. As far as I'm concerned, a church that has no direct contribution to a member's income doesn't deserve tithe from the member.

I'm backing your assertion as well. Churches or religion have been the opium of the masses. It's why their members do everything in order to be in the good eyes of the church. Even if they are dying, they will not recognise their own suffering because they have been brainwashed to act in an expected way.

I'm backing your assertion as well. Churches or religion have been the opium of the masses. It's why their members do everything in order to be in the good eyes of the church. Even if they are dying, they will not recognise their own suffering because they have been brainwashed to act in an expected way.
It's sickening to watch grown-ups act like toddlers once Christianity is involved all in the name of serving God. For such level of submission one would expect some assurance or protection. But when a member goes through difficult circumstances pastors will have the gut to directly blame it on the member's lack of total submission to the will of God. I've seen important persons do very dumb things all in the name of faith.

It's sickening to watch grown-ups act like toddlers once Christianity is involved all in the name of serving God. For such level of submission one would expect some assurance or protection. But when a member goes through difficult circumstances pastors will have the gut to directly blame it on the member's lack of total submission to the will of God. I've seen important persons do very dumb things all in the name of faith.

Seriously it is the manipulation that these so-called man of God uses on their members that makes me very annoyed and frustrated most of the time. Although when I look at it in how individuals allow themselves to be misled, manipulated and used like they are fools and ignorant is something that I still cannot be able to understand.

The day people will start doing things for God and not for the church, the power of the church which the church have been using to fool the world will fade. The people will know how they've been exploited for years.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds