Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you take time to check out design resources licence?

Alexis

Recognized member
Credits
When we design, we use module, background patterns, fonts, sprites, images, etc...
Do you take time to verify that the resources you are using are under licence allowing you the use you are making? It is something that is very important but it is also difficult when we can show source code and get pictures from any site!

Advertisement Placeholder
The majority of the resources I use in my designs are royalty-free icons and fonts that are provided with Windows 7 and Photoshop CS5. However, I must admit that when I use different resources, I hardly ever check the licence unless it's included within the downloaded archive.

The majority of the resources I use in my designs are royalty-free icons and fonts that are provided with Windows 7 and Photoshop CS5. However, I must admit that when I use different resources, I hardly ever check the licence unless it's included within the downloaded archive.
Same, before I use a specific image or font I make sure I am allowed to use it without paying or anything like that. It is important to do that before you even start designing or design.

Call me a noob, but most my icons, I will buy from icon finder, photos and such from Envato. Any custom work from designers. Not much out there I use from the internet.
I found your reply to be comforting after reading all the crap above it. :p

Since when is it optional to become aware of a license before you use content? Do you guys think other laws are optional too? :O Gee!

I found your reply to be comforting after reading all the crap above it. :p

Since when is it optional to become aware of a license before you use content? Do you guys think other laws are optional too? :O Gee!
You're right! It is not optional! The fact is that you'll pay back more than the normal price of the resources you used without checking the license. Ad sometimes, we just save it on our computer from a place different than the real source where there's no data attached. it is wise to buy from stock or create!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds