Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you take generic drugs without doctor's prescription?

Advertisement Placeholder
Don't know what country you're in but here you can't even get modestly hefty generic drugs over the counter. Paracetamol (acetaminophen) and ibuprofen are common enough analgesics but much more than that requires going to the doctor, though of course here in the UK this is - for now - free at point of use with a fee (under £10 currently) collecting drugs from the pharmacist at point of collection.

If it's just a general pain like a headache, I try to steer clear of painkillers and I just usually sleep them off. If I've got a cold (like I do now), I'll buy something from the pharmacy from over the counter such as Day/Night Nurse. I do have some issues where I've had to be prescribed things before. I very much appreciate having free prescriptions here in Scotland, but if it's something I can just buy off the shelves, then I tend to just buy it myself.

If it's just a general pain like a headache, I try to steer clear of painkillers and I just usually sleep them off. If I've got a cold (like I do now), I'll buy something from the pharmacy from over the counter such as Day/Night Nurse. I do have some issues where I've had to be prescribed things before. I very much appreciate having free prescriptions here in Scotland, but if it's something I can just buy off the shelves, then I tend to just buy it myself.
People taking paracetamol for headaches can turn into drug addiction in the future. So, it is best to sleep and get your body into a relaxed mood. I think when the symptoms are not complicated, one should get meds over the counter.

Paracetamol is the main over-the-counter analgesic - it doesn't need a prescription though stores have a notional limit of how many they can sell to an individual at a time.

If I can buy it without a prescription then I'll use it if I feel I need it. If I'm going to the doctor for medication it's because whatever issue I have can't be resolved with non-prescription medications, i.e. needing antibiotics or Adderall.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds