Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you support the idea some people have about gaming being for kids?

Anachiwo

Reputable member
Credits
Video games helps me to relax and enjoy myself. It's one hobby I enjoy whenever I'm into it. There are some people who hates playing video games and as a result write it off as a child's play. My childhood was made memorable because of video games and it's the same today too.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have been gaming since PS1 and didn't turn me awkward. So I'll support my kids if they want to game while keeping a reasonable time to go outside.

I personally don't see gaming as only or kids,it is something you use to ease off stress and take off pressure away from your busy routine and lifestyle.

Not at all. The *average* gamer is in their 30s these days!

Of course, there are games that are intended for kids, but they only make up a small part of the world of gaming.

I'm 36 and I still game! I don't think gaming is just for kids. It's no different than sitting down and watching Television in my opinion! I enjoy gaming and I even game with my kids and it's something we've always done. I think it could bring families closer together more than just sitting around watching a movie or something.

I always want to focus fully on enjoying the games that I play. People saying that gaming is a child's play don't understand what gaming is all about.

My favorite game is Making Money Online, but I also play a few hands of Solitaire every so often to break it up. That's what I love about Windows, I can do both at the same time.

Video games are meant for both kids and adults. I wonder how some people would be having the opinion that gaming is for kids only? So, only kids should be having fun or what?

My favorite game is Making Money Online, but I also play a few hands of Solitaire every so often to break it up. That's what I love about Windows, I can do both at the same time.
Everyone like to make money whether it's online or offline. Unless, it's a very lazy person that doesn't work hard to make money. As for playing video games, it's for all. There's a man living in my neighbourhood that's about 65 years and he's a big gamer. He bought PS5 last year December.

Everyone like to make money whether it's online or offline. Unless, it's a very lazy person that doesn't work hard to make money. As for playing video games, it's for all. There's a man living in my neighbourhood that's about 65 years and he's a big gamer. He bought PS5 last year December.
Playing games for fun purpose if you are overwhelmed from the work and you need to make a little break from working.

Everyone like to make money whether it's online or offline. Unless, it's a very lazy person that doesn't work hard to make money.
Sorry, that's not actually true. I don't go out to actively make money - yes, I have a job because I need to pay bills, but I don't *like* making money. If I could do what I do with building software and giving it away, I absolutely would because I enjoy doing it. (I say this as someone who contributed tens of thousands of lines of code to one of the open source forum platforms, including core code but also somewhere around 100 plugins over several years)

As for gaming, I think Star Trek summed it up best - in the Original Series, episode Shore Leave there is this slice of conversation:#

CARETAKER: This entire planet was constructed for our race of people to come and play.
SULU: Play? As advanced as you obviously are, and you still play?
KIRK: Yes, play, Mister Sulu. The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

People need to have downtime and that downtime absolutely needs to reflect culture, creativity and so on - pursuit of wealth to me has always seemed utterly hollow a pursuit when striving for self improvement, cultural development and growth are all so much more interesting.

Gaming is for all ages just like Lego is for all ages. Different games might be tailored to different demographics but there is no way experiences like The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, God of War 2018, etc. are for kids, and I don't mean that due to their age rating but just because of the stories they tell.

I feel like gaming is for every single person regardless of age. I have been gaming ever since I had a SNES even if I don't really game as much as I used to nowadays.
Video games are meant for both kids and adults. I wonder how some people would be having the opinion that gaming is for kids only? So, only kids should be having fun or what?
I have no clue where this even came from either, honestly.

I personally don't see gaming as only or kids,it is something you use to ease off stress and take off pressure away from your busy routine and lifestyle.
I even see it like this that adults have more appreciation for video games. Kids enjoys playing video games but adults engage in video games with a clear purpose which makes them value it more.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds