Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you still use the same layout when you started your forum?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
There was a forum I used to go to a lot back when I was younger, and it was around for a while into my adulthood, but is now just a chat room that seems to get hacked often. Anyway when it was still around, the design of the forum rarely changed. They upgraded it from time to time with some changes, but it mostly kept its original look and rarely changed. Even the banners they used were recycled ones users made many years ago.

Anyway, is it bad to keep a forum looking the same for many years? I know it's good to update your forum every once in a while, but this forum rarely did it and lasted many years. I think if the forum looks fine enough, a change isn't really needed unless the site becomes slow and dated or something.

Advertisement Placeholder
I am running three forums and none of these forums are more than 2 years old. However, ever since I started forums none of my forums have under gone layout changes. Even on my blogs that I have been running for more than 5 years I have not changed the layout. I give more focus to content rather than design.

Mostly, yes. I changed a few things around. I am looking into options for updating it though since it has been the same for almost 3 years at this point. Not sure what I will change but giving it a bit of a face lift would probably be nice.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds