Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you respect other members with high post counts?

I respect people due to how they act, not on how active they are. A person could have 20,000 posts and be the biggest douche you have ever mete while someone could have 73 posts and be the nicest guy in the world.

Advertisement Placeholder
Post counts don't automatically mean people get respect from me. Respect is earned. A digital number from a database, contributing to a forum that isn't mine, isn't earning it from me.

I'm much more interested in the personality of the member themselves, and the way they treat others; especially newcomers.

Lastly, I'll mention that high post counts can also signify spammers and trolls. I don't respect them at all.

Like others have stated before. Post counts don't mean anything, it does not describe their personality, how they act, or how they treat others.
I would much respect someone with 10 posts who are more helpful, friendly, and nice to people than those with 20 thousand posts who are rude, self important, and generally a horrid person to talk to.

I usually can judge someone off a couple of their posts, but I rarely ever care about their post count.

Post count is a fun milestone sorta thing though for people, so I do think it has it's place.

I do find that I do this yes. I remember doing this on a forum a while back when I first used forums and it was instant reaction for me to respect these kind of people and I think it was because they had been on the forum longer than me so I didn't really want to tread on any toes. Now that I have been on forums a while myself on many I have a lot of posts and people tend to do this to me but I don't really see anything in it when it's the other way around as I see myself the same as them even if I have more posts.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds