Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you respect other members with high post counts?

lludawg

Reputable member
Credits
On some forums that I visit, there are people with hundreds of posts but then there are a couple members with like thousands of posts. For some reason I seem to automatically respect these members. How about you?

Advertisement Placeholder
I used to respect members with a high post count . But after my experience with one forum ; I learned that not all members with high post count are friendly. A lot of times members with high post count can be two-faced just to promote their site, recruit new members and wanting new members to stay.

I generally look for other factors:
- How they treat newer members.
- Whether they give back to the community.
- The quality of their posting.

I don't see why I should respect people with high post counts, unless you know them or have interacted with them before and they're a good guy/girl. However, if the user has a rank that suggests that they gave it their all and helped the community in some way (e.g. Valued Contributor), then yes, I gain some respect for that member.

Many members with high post counts are just there to post. They don't really care about the quality, it's just the stats they are looking at. They are trying to gain respect from other people such as yourself.

However, I am proven wrong sometimes - there are people who are truly helpful and friendly, but the Helpful/Stats number is like 0.5.

Having high post count does not mean a person deserves to be treated special.

I do not give someone extra respect just because he/she has high post count.

I see what you guys are saying! I agree. However, I have come across forums where members provide information and help. I really respect those people with high post counts which came from helping others for free.

I have seen many members in forums with high post counts, who quite frankly write average posts. I have also seen members with low post counts, writing really great posts.

At the end of the day, quality is all that matters.

I generally notice high post counts and I think they are a more valued contributor, etc. but sometimes it can get to their heads and they can be not the nicest...

I first see if the user's posts are high quality. I always think that someone who is replying so much in forum threads have such experiences to help other! They worth our respect!

I first see if the user's posts are high quality. I always think that someone who is replying so much in forum threads have such experiences to help other! They worth our respect!
But, sometimes it could just be a kid that is spamming and posting bad quality.

But, sometimes it could just be a kid that is spamming and posting bad quality.
Yes! I agree with you! It is why i take time time to see if the quantity of post has something to see with the quality of answer i expected! There are people who just like to reply to threads to show off their signature as much as possible without adding value to their answers!

I don't respect them extra if they have higher post count. I think that is really stupid, I may give them a virtual high five or pat on the back but other than that I will not be unfair.

I generally notice high post counts and I think they are a more valued contributor, etc. but sometimes it can get to their heads and they can be not the nicest...

You are quite correct. People with high post counts may often feel the need to act like dictators. We just have to avoid those people.

It's not the high post counts that matter, it's the people themselves. If they're good people, who respect other peoples opinions and others, then yes. The post count doesn't actually matter

It's not the high post counts that matter, it's the people themselves. If they're good people, who respect other peoples opinions and others, then yes. The post count doesn't actually matter

You are correct that people who respect others tend to get more respects. Post count is just a number; it is all about quality.

Post counts don't matter at all in my opinion. I mean, look at me and @Sam, we both have 4K posts but I feel that in general people respect Sam not for his postcount but what he gives back to the community in terms of his posts and helpful information. I'm just the WGBB clown. :D

I personally do not think post count matters that much. If they were giving back to the community in anyway they would earn respect but I would not related that to the post count of a person.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds