Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you remember you first forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
My first forum was GamingCave I had maybe 500 members with solid activity but I lost my files and even the .com domain for it. I ended up relaunching it (new database) under .net and is the forum I still run but been fairly dead and never even really got back going for to long, took to long to get back online and lost contact with a lot of my members.

My first forum was a Pokemon Rom hacking forum that only had 10 members on it. I was the only one familiar with modding the Pokemon games though, every one else were people I knew in real life with one person I met from a Sonic forum. My other members weren't that active, and this was before the disassemblies of the games were released so you were limited to what you could do with the games.

My first forum was in 2006 and about computers, downloads and stuff, powered by Burning Board 2. Nothing special, but we had the Arcade Gold addon installed which has been very well received by the members.

About one year later we rebranded the site to a new domain, changed the forum software to vBulletin 3 (which was the best you can get at that time) and a much more professional arcade system. Another few years and 20.000+ games later we were one of the biggest sites in that genre.

But then came Facebook with their Farmvilles and ruined it for most arcade sites...

Even if the site was down for a very long time I always kept the domain and gifted the whole brand last year to a friend and former moderator of that site. I helped him setting up a new site build with IPS4 and the great ipsProArcade.

It's now a small, rather private site for the people from back then, but they still enjoy their old flashgames.

My first forum started in 2006 and still exists. It's a fairly large and active community. I think it succeeds because it serves a religious niche. There's approximately 300+ unique posters a month. I've handed it over to others but stay on board as the tech geek.

My 2nd forum is a couple weeks old and like a newborn infant, it's barely crawling, lol

First one was in 2007 and it didn't last long.. Most likely because I got into programming and lost interest. It, of course ran on SMF for which I had become a team member and the rest is history as they say. Currently I just use github for any support since its repo relevant anyway.

I do remember my very first forum, yes. I remember it being on phpBB and it was also a general chat forum but was my very first one. I had a few general chat forums in the beginning whilst I was learning that I ended up closing and it wasn't until 2009 that I started up a general chat forum that stayed open and became popular from 2009 to 2017.

I have now reopened Chat Addicts myself and hope for it to be as popular as it was when I had to make the tough decision to close it in 2017. So far the forum I opened this year which is a reopening of Chat Addicts is 7 months old now and going good so far :)

My first was an msn group in 2001, they closed their groups so no longer around. Can't remember how many members but was enough as most then moved when I went to Conforums. Sadly, they are now defunct too.

First forum created 2 decades ago.... dealt with riding motorcycles in Texas, but felt it was rather limited so registered another domain (which went by the wayside) that could be attractive to a wider audience... But that original domain I still have and it's what all my "real" email is based upon. So yes, for 20 years... I've had the same email address... and still get very little spam in it.

My first REAL forum with active members and staff was Harvest Moon Universe. It was about the Harvest Moon games and we even set up an RP forum too. I loved that forum, but was just a wee youngin back then and had to juggle work and the site. In the end I just decided to shut it down. Sadly it was hosted on ZB and lost to time. You can still view it, but it's on Tapatalk now.

My very first forum was a game enhancer forum similar to other popular ones around the time like GameShark.com Boards, CMGSCCC and GSCentral. I started it out on ProBoards originally then moved to IPB self hosted not long after trying out InvisionFree and getting the vision for the site we ultimately ended up with. That lasted form 2002 to 2006....we closed our doors early 2007 when the new generation of consoles came and we learned there would be no GameShark or Codebreaker devices made for them.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds