Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you pay your staff?

Lorcan

Credits
When I ran a large forum I had paid my staff money out of the revenue we received, it was not a large amount of money but at least it was something, and i know they appreciated it quite a lot. We also let them advertise on the forum as well. I think when we did all this for them they knew that they were cared about and they excelled a their job and stayed for a long time.

Advertisement Placeholder
At this time all staff on WGBB are volunteers. They help contribute to the forum with out requiring or asking anything in return. Which I think is great. All revenue WGBB gets from advertising goes right back into the forum to make the forum itself better for its users.

Perhaps in the future I can hold something for the staff.

I'm going to start trying this method. Getting a new forum started just doesn't garner a lot of interest and it's hard.

Most of the time I get volunteer staff, but there have been occasions where I've paid staff. Also, when I have volunteer staff on a forum I usually gift them things occasionally to show my appreciation.

Right now all of my staff are volunteers. It is my goal to pay them real money as an incentive to perform above and beyond. Once the revenue starts coming from different avenues that will be one of the ways they get paid.

Mine are volunteers, all people I've known for some time and can trust. I'd consider paying them if I only just stopped being permanently broke!

I think it's silly paying people to be a part of your staff team. They should feel honored and privileged to even get offered such a position or have that position. Most members look up to staff for leadership, what would they think if their leaders just got paid to be part of the staff? :|
I pay the active staff, if they are active and do posts every now and then, then absolutely.
How much do you pay them? Are you talking about actual cash or virtual forum cash?

I am thinking of paying my staffs $5/monthly, once I get some staffs in my forum. As of now, all staff positions in my forum are free positions.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds