Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do You Pay For Forum Posts?

I've never purchased posts for my forum with cash before. I've requested posting packages on a few forums using forum currency though. It can help bring some good activity to your forum, since most people who are posting for money must post high quality posts otherwise it can hurt their business.

Advertisement Placeholder
Some thoughts:

If you are paying for posts, you are not building a sustainable community.

If you are paying for posts, you are not attracting returning members.

If you are paying for posts, you will never get the best of replies.

If you are paying for posts, you are paying for the shallowest of engagement and activity that will stop as soon as you stop paying. Why would you ever do that?

If you pay for posts, you are - and this is blunt and candid and real - paying for the wrong part of the community development pipeline. Pay for content. Pay for strategy implementation. If you're going to spend money, invest in those front end activities that will yield an audience of members in an organic manner. Money is absolutely a tool that every webmaster should consider in their arsenal, but knowing where to deploy that money is important.

I won a contest at a forum and was given cash on a website to use. The only thing they really provided were posts. So I used my money towards that. Was not the best content, but did create a few discussions that weren't led by me. It is definitely more of a temporary bandaid and like joelr stated, is not building a sustainable community.

I think the way I used it was fine, and I deleted threads I did not enjoy or find would be appropriate on the forum.

I think if you have to pay people to participate on your forum and you heavily rely on that you're going to be sad with the end results. You won't find people to stick around. Unless your forum is all post for pay - if that's the case you'll probably get people to stick around but I think you'll lose out on money likely. The content might not be very "real" either.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds