Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you pay employees out of pocket?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do you guys pay employees of yours out of your own pocket? Or do you have a budget set aside for employees that takes a pecentage out for each employee? I am curious to hear what people say. For me I have always hired people with my own money, but I also don't run a business in the traditional sense where I have employees, so I only hire people when needed.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't hire my employees out of my pocket. I take out time to hire my employees with a percentage of what they actually worked for. That way, they own a share for as long as they're here with me. They know they'll have to pay themselves with the level of work they do so they work hard to succeed. They now know that if the business fail, they fail, if the business succeed, it's a win-win for them

There are times I used to pay my employee out of pocket. That was when my game shop business was just starting out. But that model is not sustainable in the long run. A business has to generate enough money to pay the staff and pay the owner.

There are times I used to pay my employee out of pocket. That was when my game shop business was just starting out. But that model is not sustainable in the long run. A business has to generate enough money to pay the staff and pay the owner.
I have no employee at the moment but there are times when you will not make enough money for the month and the only way you can pay them is by paying them out of my pocket.

Do you guys pay employees of yours out of your own pocket? Or do you have a budget set aside for employees that takes a pecentage out for each employee? I am curious to hear what people say. For me I have always hired people with my own money, but I also don't run a business in the traditional sense where I have employees, so I only hire people when needed.
Paying workers out of pocket money's show that your business is not well grounded. Either you have workers or you hired workers for official works, you should make arrangement in your business account to be able to pay any expenses incurred. Even, you should be able to yourself salary for operating the business.

I do not have employees working under me at the moment, but i believe in most cases an employer would have to pay the employees from his pocket. I remember back then when i was working under someone, most times he uses pays from his personal pocket.

As long as you have running a business it is supposed to be generating the money which you are supposed to use to pay your workers who are working for your project. It is the reason why you have to do everything to cut down the cost of your production so that you will have more profit making.

Those whom are employed are supposed to make money for the business and it's from the money they will get paid their salaries. It's why high productivity is important in any business. I won't have workers who aren't making money for my business and I will end up paying them. I will have all of them sacked.

Paying workers out of pocket money's show that your business is not well grounded. Either you have workers or you hired workers for official works, you should make arrangement in your business account to be able to pay any expenses incurred. Even, you should be able to yourself salary for operating the business.

Seriously, it doesn’t make any sense to me at all. I can even understand having to pay your workers small when your business is new and not making much profits. But when you have been in a business for a while and you're not making enough money to pay your workers from it, it's better to close the business.

As long as you have running a business it is supposed to be generating the money which you are supposed to use to pay your workers who are working for your project. It is the reason why you have to do everything to cut down the cost of your production so that you will have more profit making.

It is all about commitment. When you hire someone, you tend to make a commitment. You will pay them, so they deserve to be paid on time. If your business is not running smoothly, even then you should pay because you have made a commitment with your employees.

It is all about commitment. When you hire someone, you tend to make a commitment. You will pay them, so they deserve to be paid on time. If your business is not running smoothly, even then you should pay because you have made a commitment with your employees.
There's downtime in businesses once in a while. It's not why workers shouldn't be paid but if it gets to the stage where there's no way to revive the business, it's better to release your staffs than to keep them and be paying from your pocket.

Since i installed Quickbooks on my PC, i stopped paying employees from the pocket. It's not a good thing. But sometimes you just don't have a choice but go for out-of-pocket payment. I have a budget set aside for employees' salaries, allocating a percentage for each employee based on their role and responsibilities. Others may hire people as needed and pay them from their own pocket, which offers flexibility for project-based or freelance work. The approach to paying employees depends on the business's nature, financial situation, and employment structure, with a focus on fair compensation and financial sustainability.

I'm a freelancer, so in my situation, I do all my projects on my own. I don't outsource projects.

I only take as many projects as I can handle without needing anyone's help because I feel more satisfied when I do important things independently.

So I don't have any employees at the moment.

I'm a freelancer, so in my situation, I do all my projects on my own. I don't outsource projects.

I only take as many projects as I can handle without needing anyone's help because I feel more satisfied when I do important things independently.

So I don't have any employees at the moment.
Most freelancers work the same way. Freelancers who are into paid posting won't hire another writer to write such posts for them.

I don't have any plans to employ anyone work on my freelancing jobs. I will be open to hiring workers for my offline jobs.

Some bosses are just scammers. It's not only those we work for online that tries to scam us of our money after working for them. It happens in some offline jobs too and it can be very annoying and frustrating. After wasting money on transportation and working for a period of time, when it's time for your pay, they will delay and some will subcharge you.

Some bosses are just scammers. It's not only those we work for online that tries to scam us of our money after working for them. It happens in some offline jobs too and it can be very annoying and frustrating. After wasting money on transportation and working for a period of time, when it's time for your pay, they will delay and some will subcharge you.
I've had a friend who worked in a hotel and she told me her ordeal with working there. She worked as a receptionist but whenever they have a loss from the kitchen, her boss will instruct the financial department to subcharge every staff. It happened for 5 months, she ended up quitting the job.

I've had a friend who worked in a hotel and she told me her ordeal with working there. She worked as a receptionist but whenever they have a loss from the kitchen, her boss will instruct the financial department to subcharge every staff. It happened for 5 months, she ended up quitting the job.

The only job that I have been on where I was owed for about 4 or 5 months was a teaching job some years ago which was the last thing that I'm going to do for any kind of business in my life today. This is because I cannot stay one month without getting my salary or I will resign immediately and you must pay me for that one month before I leave the job.

There's downtime in businesses once in a while. It's not why workers shouldn't be paid but if it gets to the stage where there's no way to revive the business, it's better to release your staffs than to keep them and be paying from your pocket.

A business cannot survive without sales and i think that it makes sense to make sure that you run your business if your business is generating enough sales in the first place. Sometimes your business does not generate enough profits and you have to initially pay the workers from your own pockets.

A business cannot survive without sales and i think that it makes sense to make sure that you run your business if your business is generating enough sales in the first place. Sometimes your business does not generate enough profits and you have to initially pay the workers from your own pockets.

In a situation where by a business is not having enough sales which will impacts on the profit-making, I believe that the right course of action that the management should execute in order to have things under control is to cut down whatever they are paying their workers and inform them of the new decision. Any worker who is not interested will be able to leave the job at their own will.

I wonder how a business which functioned for month where workers come every day to do their jobs won't be able to make money? Unless the business isn't converting their customers which is part of workers problem, they should expect full pay. Companies hire workers as marketers and pay them according to their sales. This way, they are sure you must sell before you are paid.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds