Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you notice less trolls nowadays on forums?

😄Am i the only one here who uses Telegram?

Negative "trollers" literally rule over thousands of massive groups.

Yes i'm the noob Admin round these parts but a favourite hobby since around 2014 has basically been hunting Negative "trollers" on YT, BC, Tgram.

i am banned from FB because i'd posted actual peer reviewed scientific literature back in 21-22 that apparently wasn't allowed and thusly branded "dis"-"information"—yet this same material is now commonly accepted.

Yet i see no forthcoming apologies from FB who wiped my entire account without warning and branded me as if a "trollish" monster spreading "dis"-"info".

More recently i hear accusatory murmurs that i am a monster for not trying hard enough to warn people.

It's ironic.

Similarly so ironic is something most outside psychological fields seem entirely unaware of...

...there is no such thing as a "troll"

...never as been.

Is this claim absurd?

Nope.

"trolling" is a behavioural presentation.

Perhaps it may be noticed that i used the terms 'Negative' & "troll"

Why?

There is also definitive behavioral patterns regarded as the presentation of 'Positive' "trolling".

To the untrained eye it is difficult to distinguish "trollishness" from either positive and negative polarities of the spectrum.

A simple way to consider this in general terms is to contemplate the fundamental differences between a Narcissistic PD(cB) & an Avoidant PD(cC)

With the right guidance an AVPD can voluntarily overcome dysfunction and manage the lifelong scars they bare.

NPDs typically —avoid— facing their core dysfunctionality because doing so IS the psychological equivalent of "death"/"ego"-"death" of the established false-"self".

Generally speaking this is a reasonable example to contrast 'Positive' & 'Negative' "Personalities" by which directly correlates with both "Personalities" respective digital persona projections.

One's 'Negative' & one's 'Positive'.

However in actuality neither polarity requires a full blown official PD to manifest as digital projections of either +/- "trollish" presentations.

Why?

'The Online Disinhibition(Feedback) Effect' is partly why because this in effect functions as an amplification mechanism as well as enabling subjective compartmentalization and allows for a disconnect with actual real world experiences as perceived via digital interactivity.

This is practically cB PDs wet dream.

Yet it gets much worse considering the currently accepted 'OD(F)E' fails to account for numerous factors such as this merely defining 1 point vs another 1 point as if independent when that is not the case as these 2 points are part of a composite system networking via billions of points.(+bots too)

Each point compounds the rest.

i could design a basic diagram to show this if anyone's interested, it is quite simple.

Anyways regardless what anyone reading this believes of the digitally projected persona of the "me"...

...i am now very capable of recognizing 'Negative' behavioural presentations and yes i do make mistakes, however i can confidently assert that there are more so-called (negative)-"trollers" than ever before.

Negative "trollers" are not inherently intellectually deficient,...just like an NPD isn't.
They can intellectualy vary from common "Somatic"-"Narcs" right through to "Cerebral"-"Narcissists".

Google "Cerebral Narc"

The problem i think we're facing is that very few actually know what—nor therefore how to recognize these behavioural dimensions accurately.

i would bet real cash that 99/100 times no one would recognize that one "troller" can in some cases actually be defending a victim from further abuses by an other "troller".

Which is the hobby i mentioned.

When i as an "AVPD" encounter an active 'Negative'-"troller"—usually caught alone or as a mob covertly abusing an isolated target victim,...

...i always engage because it is intolerable.

People get upset because there's always a resulting mess.

People prefer pretending ugly shite doesn't exist, or someone else will deal with it—rather than facing it and taking action.

Somewhat similar to the "Bystander Effect".

It's utterly meaningless to have the "power" to bannish (*N)"trollers"—while being incapable of accurately recognizing what these actually present as beyond what Wikipedias and such elucidate.

Like NPDs — N-"trollers" are expert "chameleons" and can easily mimic "genuine" behaviours without remorse.

Still think i don't know what i am sharing here?

😀
How's about a wager...

...i have 3115 AJs Credits.
i will present this 3115 to the first person to successfully survive 3 wee...🤔...
...nah, let's say the first to survive 14 7 for 3 full(24hr) days actively posting and interacting at least 30+ times per day on a forum i am very well known on.
(*check the donations page, i hold the top positions lead by thousands, and if John (*the owner) did as i asked ya'll will see "User ###" but ya'll will still easily recognize my writing style & lower case 'i's)

🤭
👇
@thefreespeechforum.com

1st to pull this off 💥 3115 AJs Creds and i will reveal something else pertaining to this threads OP & TFSF which will probably be quite surprising based off of the preceding responses.
View attachment 1210
Good luck.😄

Advertisement Placeholder
I think that is correct.

Social media is not as moderated so it's easy for people to be abusive. Some agree with social being less moderated but you get the worst of people when that happens.

I wouldn't want that on my forum.

Social media can have them :LOL:
Also social media has a large audience. Don’t get me wrong though, very active forums still experience trolls.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds